PDA

View Full Version : Chain guard modifcations

eflo16003
12-01-2010, 02:57 PM
My team will be running a CVT drive this year and I am in charge of making the chain guard. When assembling it on the car, it became apparent that the required width does not work with our design. As a solution, I would like to cut holes through the chain guard where the carriers will protrude. The holes will not be open but would have a part coming through the steel. Does anyone know if this is allowed? The guard would still be one piece, just with the holes for the carriers to fit through.

eflo16003
12-01-2010, 02:57 PM
My team will be running a CVT drive this year and I am in charge of making the chain guard. When assembling it on the car, it became apparent that the required width does not work with our design. As a solution, I would like to cut holes through the chain guard where the carriers will protrude. The holes will not be open but would have a part coming through the steel. Does anyone know if this is allowed? The guard would still be one piece, just with the holes for the carriers to fit through.

JasperC
12-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Make a picture or drawing of your proposed solution and send it to the rules committee. They are the only ones who can give you the right answer to this question.