PDA

View Full Version : Rod Ends in stock??

jonny8
10-26-2005, 08:34 AM
We are after these Aurora rod ends, or their equivalent:

AMF-M8 x 20 pieces
COM-M8 x 10 pieces

They are good for 15KN axial force.
We have found suppliers but none with some in stock, we cannot really afford to wait 4-8wks so need some help finding alternatifve ones(for a good price too)

We are in the uk but can source from the states.
Anyone help?
Supplier and cost info would be ideal.

Thanks all

Wizard
10-26-2005, 10:00 AM
If your going to source out of the US, I would contact Aurora directly.
1-360-859-2030 - John McCrory

Another European option would be Getecno (http://www.getecno.com/english/home.htm) in Italy. They stock a lot of metric motorsports rod ends.

Frank
10-26-2005, 06:18 PM
what about fluoro (german)?

terra_dactile
10-29-2005, 01:45 PM
hey jonny,
I am doing a work session at SKF and they make high quality rod ends as well ( metric if course)maybe you should try and find some of them,if you send me an email at Techsupport1.montreal@skf.com and Monday when i'm at work i'll try and see what catologues we have for Rodends, and see whats in stock where

Jude Berthault
ETS Formula SAE
Steering System Leader
Brake System R&D

Frank
10-29-2005, 05:22 PM
hey Jude,

I'm looking at SKF SAKB 6 rod ends

obviously they're NOT heat treated, as the tensile load rating is very small, making them unsuitable for FSAE

are there high quality heat treated rod ends made by SKF?

Frank

terra_dactile
10-31-2005, 06:35 AM
hey frank,
i checked the rod end in question, the rating is low because it is not part of our high strength rodends,

SKF bought a company called AMPEP in england and we make high strength / precision rodend threw them, i'm not sure what the availability is but the load rating for an 8 MM rodend(0808ML or MR) would be 19 KN vs 7,1 kn for a SAKB, so yes SKF does make high strength rodends, its just under another name.

I will tryt and find out what the availability on the ampep products is, one of my supervisors mentioned that it more for OEM, but i'll see

Jude Berthault
ETS Formula SAE
Steering System Leader
Brake System R&D

terra_dactile
10-31-2005, 06:41 AM
Hi Here is the contact info for AMPEP

Clevedon, North Somerset
England
BS21 6QQ
tel: (01275) 876021
Fax: (01275) 878480