PDA

View Full Version : CAM Software for programming

MaverickTush
06-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Hey Guys,

I've been part of FSAE for a while, and was sick and tired of having to use MasterCAM for CNC programming.
We recently had a seminar with NexGen CAM, who have an awesome CAM plug in for solidworks that should save all of us hundreds of hours. The software is called HSMWorks . Here's a link for it: http://www.hsmworks.com/
They are keen on sponsoring all educational teams, and are willing to give away full versions of the software. So check it out. Let me know if you have cooler programs you are using.

Best

8Bit
06-05-2013, 10:55 AM
I prefer to use SolidCAM their 2D and 3D iMachining packages effectively make programming a one click operation for complex parts.

Cole, I'm curious, when was the last time you used SolidCAM and what version? I just got a renewed license. (And supposedly it was awful 2-3 years ago) I'm hooked because it's free but I haven't tried HSMWorks.

I certainly can say looking at HSMWorks that SolidCAM is similar to it. I'd be willing to believe that both would be a great improvement from Mastercam X5 or X6.