PDA

View Full Version : Rotational Dampers

BenB
06-26-2007, 08:41 PM
I have been searching for an adjustable rotational damper for attaching to my bell cranks. The only ones I could find that are build specifically for this are the Sachs F1 dampers. Which are 1)as expensive as my car and 2)unobtainable (maybe that changes when you tell them you have $50,000 to spend on shocks)

Does anybody know of any other rotational dampers that might work?

Does anybody know how much damping torque a motorcycle handle bar damper makes? I noticed this on BYU's car. Are these adjustable?

BenB
06-26-2007, 08:41 PM
I have been searching for an adjustable rotational damper for attaching to my bell cranks. The only ones I could find that are build specifically for this are the Sachs F1 dampers. Which are 1)as expensive as my car and 2)unobtainable (maybe that changes when you tell them you have $50,000 to spend on shocks)

Does anybody know of any other rotational dampers that might work?

Does anybody know how much damping torque a motorcycle handle bar damper makes? I noticed this on BYU's car. Are these adjustable?

Haupt
06-26-2007, 09:19 PM
The rotational dampers used on the BYU car are from scottsperformance.com Below is the torque of the damper at given rotational speeds:
Rotation Torque

100 degrees/second 5,2 Nm

200 deg/s 15 Nm

250 deg/s 50 Nm

This damper is also highly adjustable. Both high and low speed damping can be adjusted seperately.

mtg
06-26-2007, 11:03 PM
You're a college student driving a $50,000 car?

BenB
06-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Haha sorry thats not what I meant. I'm not in college anymore. I loved FSAE so much when I was in college that I started my own car now that I'm out.

I did however by the coolest car I could when I got a job(Audi S4), but now I want to build this car I've been designing and I'm already trying to sell that to pay for it. In college I drove a Corsica.