PDA

View Full Version : Texas Autocross Weekend

alfordda
07-26-2004, 01:35 PM
We just got back from the UTA Texas Autocross weekend, and it was great. This event is so much fun; it's a great low stress competition. I'm not sure that competition is even the right word. It is so much easier to get around and talk to all the teams, than in Detroit. I want to thank Dr. Bob, the UTA team, and of course all of the other volunteers that made this event possible. Oh, and Brian Lewis of Performance Electronics, thanks for helping us with that accel fuel compensation problem. Hopefully this is all understandable, since it's hard to get much sleep in a truck.

alfordda
07-26-2004, 01:35 PM
We just got back from the UTA Texas Autocross weekend, and it was great. This event is so much fun; it's a great low stress competition. I'm not sure that competition is even the right word. It is so much easier to get around and talk to all the teams, than in Detroit. I want to thank Dr. Bob, the UTA team, and of course all of the other volunteers that made this event possible. Oh, and Brian Lewis of Performance Electronics, thanks for helping us with that accel fuel compensation problem. Hopefully this is all understandable, since it's hard to get much sleep in a truck.

RiNaZ
07-26-2004, 08:42 PM
hey alfordda, do you have pictures or video files from the UTA w/end?

alfordda
07-27-2004, 05:40 AM
I don't, but I can get ahold of some from the rest of our team.

Daves
07-27-2004, 05:06 PM
I took a few photos. They are available at http://fif4183.tripod.com/july04scca/july04scca.html, or they will be available soon since my dial-up connection isn't fast. Please let me know if you want any of the full size photos.

Dave

B Lewis @ PE Engine Management
07-27-2004, 09:04 PM
I've got some that I can put up on our website. I'll send a link when I get them there.

UTA racer rikki
07-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Hey Everyone,

UTA will be posting some in car video and photos taken that weekend as well. It was a great time and I am sorry to all that had troubles with their cars and could not make it down. Hope everyone else involved had a good time as well.

By the way, I know several (if not all) left before the autocross was over with and I wanted to let everyone know that the Texas Region SCCA named that event after Carol Smith. Also, they said there will be a travelling trophy that goes to the school with the fastest autocross time at that event.

As for my personal experience, I thought the event was awesome. Seeing the great number of FSAE cars lined up for the autocross on Sunday was almost bone chilling in the heat of a Texas summer! I can't say how much I would like to see all of those teams and more at SCCA Nationals in September!

By the way, I wanted to thank Brian from Performance Electronics as well. It was great having you visit with us and we certainly enjoyed your enthusiasm that still exists for Formula SAE.

Well, that's about all I can say for now. Best of luck to all,