PDA

View Full Version : f4i CAD model

ReadySetGo
06-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Just wondering if anyone had, or would want to share an f4i model. We have a partial model of a zx6r if youd want to trade. thanks

Greg H
06-13-2004, 08:45 PM
Sorry, I have no f4i model to offer, but if you didn't mind sharing that zx6r it would be greatly appreciated. I can be reached at gahkbd@mizzou.edu. Thanks

Didier Beaudoin
06-14-2004, 08:06 AM
I would also be interested in an F4i model, preferably in iges, or anythin CATIA V5 compatible.

Thanks a lot.

B Lewis @ PE Engine Management
06-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Have you tried:
http://avwrx.com/moto/cad/

I think the mounting for the F4 and F4i is the same (don't quote me on that)

Brent Howard
06-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Brian,

We used that engine model last year for the f4i. It starts out with the stock intake and the mounting points were a bit off from the actual f4i. However it definitly gives you a good starting point.

Brent

C Z
06-14-2004, 10:05 AM
I know we have Pro-e files of an f4i. I am not 100% confident that our mounting holes are right, especially on the rear of the motor. you can e-mail me directly at zellersc@ukans.edu if you're still interested and I'll see what I can do

Chris

Didier Beaudoin
06-14-2004, 02:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B Lewis @ PE Engine Management:
Have you tried:
http://avwrx.com/moto/cad/

I think the mounting for the F4 and F4i is the same (don't quote me on that) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't load any of them in an assembly in CATIA, which is a shame.. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

BeaverGuy
06-14-2004, 05:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We have a partial model of a zx6r if youd want to trade. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A partial model of a ZX6R? Would you be willing to share it. We have a model with only the mounting points. I'm currently working on a better model that also has intake and exhaust port locations. I will share it when I'm done.

Dr Claw
06-14-2004, 07:37 PM
we actually got our f4i scanned....but needless to say, there was to much data there to piece togeter via surfaces. the assohle who scanned it thouhg, didnt square up the engine to whatever zero point the machine had. we had a separate file for "mounting holes" but they ended up just being circles...circles that were cockeyed in all 3 directions.

couldnt put a plane on them to save your life.

ReadySetGo
06-14-2004, 08:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BeaverGuy:

A partial model of a ZX6R? Would you be willing to share it. We have a model with only the mounting points. I'm currently working on a better model that also has intake and exhaust port locations. I will share it when I'm done. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its extremely partial. Really all it has is the mounting points and where the intake ports are. There are not fillet edges either. Its just as basic as can be.