PDA

View Full Version : Kiezer wheels...

rjwoods77
09-27-2004, 12:46 PM
If anyone is using 10x6 with a 5x1 offset kiezer rim I have the 3d model of it. Lemme know if you need it.

rjwoods77
09-27-2004, 12:46 PM
If anyone is using 10x6 with a 5x1 offset kiezer rim I have the 3d model of it. Lemme know if you need it.

Alastair Clarke
09-28-2004, 12:26 AM
On the same note, if anyone's after a solidworks model of the 13 x 6 Keizer wheel, let me know.

Also, does anyone have any experience of Keizer - anything I should know before we go ahead and order our wheels?

Cheers

Alastair

sr20detjt
09-28-2004, 05:28 AM
We are currently using Keiser wheels. The only thing to watch out for is when you get tires mounted, be carefull. They bend easily.

Just a word of advise,
JT Tapp

Ben Beacock
09-28-2004, 05:32 AM
can you send me a copy of the 13x6? bbeacock@gmail.com
also, would it be possible to get it in STEP or IGES export?

Dunford
09-28-2004, 05:48 AM
Based on our experience with Keizers in 2003, I would suggest that you look into making your own wheel centers. I don't want to speak poorly of a company that helps FSAE - though that's certainly been done with Keizer elsewhere on the forum - but we found their stamped plate wheelcenters inadequately stiff.

Josh Dunford
Brown Formula SAE

ethanL007
09-28-2004, 06:51 AM
alastair,
could i get a copy of the 13*6 also.
thanks,

Alastair Clarke
09-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Right, I'll send the models out hopefully tonight or tomorrow.

I should warn you that the model is of the 3 piece with a machined centre - I didn't like the look of the plate centres either!

Alastair

MikeWaggoner at UW
09-29-2004, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dunford:
"wheelcenters inadequately stiff."

Josh Dunford
Brown Formula SAE <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you make that decision? From the FEA I've seen, the centers hardly deflect compared to the tires.

rjwoods77
09-29-2004, 04:31 PM
Hey Josh,
You guys still running a mumford link. Looks like we are too.

Chris Clarke
09-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Our Kiezers had visible flex during testing. We have also had other problems with Kiezers besides strength issues.

We are looking to get BBS on the car asap, but the budget may force us to use the Kiezers for another year.

Frank
10-01-2004, 12:54 AM
mike is thinking,

kiezers arn't bad, once you fix them

Dunford
10-01-2004, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MikeWaggoner at UW:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dunford:
"wheelcenters inadequately stiff."

Josh Dunford
Brown Formula SAE <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you make that decision? From the FEA I've seen, the centers hardly deflect compared to the tires. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We noticed during skidpad testing in 2003 that the outside front tire (this being attached to an infamous Brown beam axle) was gaining several degrees camber. Physical testing indicated that wheel deflection was one of the biggest factors. As for your FEA, I don't doubt that the movement of the centroid of the contact patch moves due to sidewall deflection is greater.

To be fair, we already had a bad impression of Keizer after they got the bolt pattern wrong in the centers and did not seem too concerned when we pointed it out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob Woods:

You guys still running a mumford link. Looks like we are too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Rob, our 2005 car is SLA front and rear. Keep an eye out for binding and excessive friction in your Mumfords.

Josh Dunford
Brown Formula SAE.

Dunford
10-01-2004, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Clarke:
We are looking to get BBS on the car asap, but the budget may force us to use the Kiezers for another year. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris, have you actually gotten quotes from the two companies? We're running 3-piece BBS on our 2005 car and are paying less per set than we did for Keizers before.

Josh Dunford
Brown Formula SAE

Chris Clarke
10-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Dunford,

I think we were quoted around $800 for the BBS, but I am not sure, I dont do the financing (or wheel assemblies), so dont quote me on this.

We have two sets of Kiezer's currently, we wouldn't be buying new ones. We will probably end up using one of those sets.

Thanks for your help though.

Chris

RickyRacer
10-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Where did you get that quote from and do you know how much the rims weigh?

J. Schmidt
10-04-2004, 10:28 AM
Alastair,
Can I get that solidworks drawing of the 13x6 Keizers? Thanks a bunch.

Joel Schmidt
UWP FSAE captain
UWP SAE president
schmijoe@uwplatt.edu

Greg H
10-04-2004, 03:16 PM
Ricky, we have pdf drawings of a BBS 13x6 and 13x8 that I could send you(it took us a LOOONG time to get them from BBS), and I believe they are 3300 and 3800 grams respectively. As for cost, I'm not sure what number we got either.

Denny Trimble
10-04-2004, 05:48 PM
Greg,
I'd like to see those PDF's if you have the time...

dennyt &lt;at&gt; u.washington.edu

16lbs sounds about 10lbs higher than our Kodiaks, though...

alfordda
10-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Greg,

I'd also like to see those pdf dwgs.

alfordda&lt;at&gt;gmail.com

Greg H
10-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Oops, I think thats supposed to be 7.3 and 7.8 pounds? I'm not so good with the metric system. I'll check tomorrow and send em out.

Alastair Clarke
10-05-2004, 12:47 AM
Greg,

I would like a copy of those PDF's (especially the 13 x 6) if possible, to clarkea1@yahoo.com

Thanks

rjwoods77
10-05-2004, 08:07 AM
Call or e-mail Wade at kiezer wheel. He owns the place and is very friendly. If you ask he he will provide you with .dwg files of the rim halves. You can take these profiles, cut them in half and revolve them to get a perfect kiezer wheel. Real nice guy. He is a racer as well as a buisnessman.

RickyRacer
10-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Hey Greg,
That would be fantastic. I am definitely looking at different rims to choose from this year, along with trying to find different tire manufactures. Thanks in advance.
Ricky Torres
Long Beach Team Captain

Greg H
10-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Ok, so the price is $200 for the BBS and the weights are 3300g and 3700g. I guess I shouldn't read these forums when I'm drunk. Anyway I sent the drawings to those who asked but I still don't have an e-mail address from you Ricky. PM me.

Saul
10-05-2004, 12:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg H:
Ok, so the price is $200 for the BBS and the weights are 3300g and 3700g. I guess I shouldn't read these forums when I'm drunk. Anyway I sent the drawings to those who asked but I still don't have an e-mail address from you Ricky. PM me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Greg, I'd be much obliged if you'd send those 13x6 BBS drawings my way as well. FSAE@brown.edu

Josh Dunford
Brown Formula SAE

Eswift
10-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi,

I too would greatly appreciate the drawings of the 13x6 BBS wheels.

burmeste(at)UIUC.EDU

Eric Burmester
UIUC Formula SAE

Andy Eis
10-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Hey guys,
The Iowa State team is in their second year of running Keizer's 3pc 13x6 wheels. This year we are switching to the mag centers.
I've been to the facility and Wade, the owner, is a great acquaintence of mine. If you ever need information on their manufacturing process I can provide a full report.
Also, regarding performance. We measured 0.053" of max deflection during cornering with the 3/16" cold-spun aluminum centers. We got the mag centers in last week and plan to test soon. Will post results regarding the mags integrity, we are expecting better results. Any input from teams that ran the mag centers???

Andy Eis
Director, Iowa State Formula SAE

Denny Trimble
10-05-2004, 10:17 PM
I'm really curious how you measured the deflection of the wheel. Static test rig? Actually on the car and driving?

RickyRacer
10-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Sorry about that Greg, my email is rtorres@csulb.edu
Thanks in advance
Rick

RickyRacer
10-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Also, are you ordering them directly from BBS?

BryanH
10-10-2004, 05:08 AM
Are you guys aware that wheel stiffness and material has a considerable effect on tyre performance. The stiffer the wheel the more grip the tyre will generate and tread temp will rise more quickly. If magnesium is sub'd for aluminium in same design wheel the tyre will feel more progressive, take longer to come up to temp and run cooler.
Thin wall spun rims with plain centres are Very soft.

Greg H
10-10-2004, 08:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RickyRacer:
Also, are you ordering them directly from BBS? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
We are ordering from BBS of America. Our contact is Bob Wilson. You can find more info on their website (http://www.bbs.com).

Ben Beacock
10-10-2004, 10:27 AM
Greg: Could I get a copy of the BBS 13x6 pdf as well?
bbeacock@gmail.com

I think I'm leaning towards the BBS over the keizers (instead of our panasport anchors)

jonno
10-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Rob, Alastair,
can you guys send me the 2 wheel models (10x6 and 13x6) address is jonnogray@gmail.com

Andy
10-12-2004, 05:29 PM
I would appreciate a copy of those model files too Greg. Both the 6" and 8". Can you please email it to jmandre@clemson.edu. Thanks!

RemyOP
01-25-2005, 12:32 PM
I realize this is a very old thread, but i'm just looking into wheels for our team. We have run into the bent Kiezers due to mounting, and are looking at both buying BBS's or making our own center sections for Keizers. If anyone does happen to read this, i would love the 3d model of the Keizer's as well as the pdf for the BBS and any more info on pricing that you could give me. Thanks guys.

Jonathan D
01-25-2005, 11:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy Eis: Any input from teams that ran the mag centers???

Andy Eis
Director, Iowa State Formula SAE <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have a set of 13"x7" Mag centered Keizers. Stiffness-wise, I don't how they compare to the aluminum center wheel, we've always run mags. However, I could've sworn Wade told me the biggest advantage to the Mag centered wheel was they could be run at higher offsets?? Maybe thats just the sleep deprevation talking...

Big D
01-27-2005, 06:34 PM
hi

I can't seem to get onto the Keizer website, does anyone here have a contact email adress for them? Anybody have an email for BBS for that matter?(gotta be a North American one though)

Big D
02-01-2005, 06:44 AM
**BUMP**

Anybody?

Jonathan D
02-01-2005, 11:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big D:
hi

I can't seem to get onto the Keizer website, does anyone here have a contact email adress for them? Anybody have an email for BBS for that matter?(gotta be a North American one though) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keizer Contact info:

kaw@mtcnet.net

Or, call (712) 737-3053 and ask for Wade. Tell him you're with an FSAE Team.

alfordda
02-01-2005, 04:07 PM
It looks like they were updating the website.

http://www.keizerwheels.com/

Pedro Pacheco
10-15-2005, 11:59 AM
I know the post is quite old but anyway...

If anyone could send me those pdf drawings of the BBS wheels (specially the 13x6) I would be thankful. My e-mail is pedro.p.pacheco&lt;at&gt;clix.pt

Thank you,
Pedro Pacheco

Greg H
10-15-2005, 06:34 PM
E-mail sent.

D J Yates
10-16-2005, 04:40 AM
Greg,

Could i get those a copy of those drawings too? Thanks, my email is in my profile.

Coombesy
04-13-2006, 05:13 AM
Any chance of getting the 13x6 pdf too? Would be very much appreciated if someone could.
send to scoombesy at hotmail

Thanks

kozak
04-13-2006, 08:51 AM
does anyone styill have the bbs pdf files and sales person contact info?

kwancho
04-13-2006, 09:20 AM
I've got the BBS PDF. What's your email?

kozak
04-13-2006, 03:41 PM
kozakchg@notes.udayton.edu

any luck with the contact info.

mario_rbr
04-14-2006, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alex Kwan:
I've got the BBS PDF. What's your email? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
mrbr84@yahoo.com
Thanks in advanced

Redeyez
02-14-2008, 03:26 AM
Hey im in the process of ordering the keizer 13*6 with the mag centres, but leaning towards having my own custom mag centres fabricated, could you please forward me the information you posses regarding there manufacturing process.

thankyou!

Michael

Aston Motorsports
Aston University
(tramontm@aston.ac.uk)
------------------------------------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Eis:
Hey guys,
The Iowa State team is in their second year of running Keizer's 3pc 13x6 wheels. This year we are switching to the mag centers.
I've been to the facility and Wade, the owner, is a great acquaintence of mine. If you ever need information on their manufacturing process I can provide a full report.
Also, regarding performance. We measured 0.053" of max deflection during cornering with the 3/16" cold-spun aluminum centers. We got the mag centers in last week and plan to test soon. Will post results regarding the mags integrity, we are expecting better results. Any input from teams that ran the mag centers???

Andy Eis
Director, Iowa State Formula SAE </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike Sadie
02-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Considering his last post was in 2004, i don't think he is going to check this thread again. Try emailing the Iowa State FSAE team or talking to Wade Huisman at Keizer.

We recently purchased 2 sets of their mag center wheels. They aren't the prettiest (styling wise), but I must say their customer service (more specifically, Wade) was great. We got the wheels ASAP and he even called me a few times to confirm dimensions. From what I have heard of the other FSAE wheel suppliers, great customer service is quite out of the ordinary.

t21jj
02-17-2008, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Redeyez:
Hey im in the process of ordering the keizer 13*6 with the mag centres, but leaning towards having my own custom mag centres fabricated, could you please forward me the information you posses regarding there manufacturing process.

thankyou!

Michael

Aston Motorsports
Aston University
(tramontm@aston.ac.uk)
------------------------------------------------

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Andy has been out of school for 3 years now and I don't have that data anymore.