PDA

View Full Version : welding for anti intrusion plate

atirma
06-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Can anyone please tell me what kind of welding( gas arc welding, tig welding, etc.) technique is to be used for fixing the anti intrusion plate to the front bulkhead?

atirma
06-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Can anyone please tell me what kind of welding( gas arc welding, tig welding, etc.) technique is to be used for fixing the anti intrusion plate to the front bulkhead?

BMH
06-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Make sure you use an aluminum anti intrusion plate and weld it to your steel/chromoly front bulkhead using TIG.

Yep that's how you do it!

rmk36
06-25-2011, 01:38 PM
We use JB welding...

On a more serious note, just bolt it on per rules B3.20.4 and B3.20.5

It makes it a whole lot easier to work on your pedal box if you can remove the plate

Demon Of Speed
06-25-2011, 06:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BMH:
Make sure you use an aluminum anti intrusion plate and weld it to your steel/chromoly front bulkhead using TIG.

Yep that's how you do it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you are trolling, but you can't GTAW them together properly but you can explosion weld them together.

Mbirt
06-25-2011, 08:18 PM
If your school rec center parking lot is big enough for skidpad testing, it's big enough for explosion welding, right?

BMH
06-25-2011, 08:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Demon Of Speed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BMH:

Yep that's how you do it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you are trolling, but you can't GTAW them together properly but you can explosion weld them together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was being sarcastic with what I said. I know aluminum and steel cant be welded by general welding conventions. The question the OP asked seems to be an extremely easy one to figure out in my opinion.

Adambomb
06-25-2011, 09:24 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/captain_obvious_RE_Evolution-s241x323-54668-580.jpg

atirma
06-26-2011, 04:24 AM
I know that i'm dumb. Anyways, thank you very much for the reply guys!