PDA

View Full Version : Calliper

alexandraj
06-05-2013, 02:08 PM
We are planning to use Wilwood Caliper PS1 for both are rear and front wheel.
Our car weighs 790 lb along with the driver.
For this taking 40/60 static weight distribution our stopping distance comes to around 10 m.
Will that be ok?
One more thing this mertic and NPT caliper inlet fitting is really confusing. We would be using banjo fitting and for that we would use M10 X 1.25 bolts.
while the caliper inlet fitting is 1/8" - 27 NPT.
Will the banjo bolt fit the caliper? I mean is 1/8" - 27 NPT same as M10 X 1.25 ?

Racer-X
06-05-2013, 03:18 PM
If I'm reading your question correctly it sounds like you are trying to mix NPT and metric parts. They don't work together without adapters, to that end you can buy an adapter for just about anything.

As far as your brake bias and what calipers you can use you will need to figure that one out on your own. You need to take a lot more into consideration that just your weight and a part number.

Jon Burford
06-05-2013, 10:33 PM
I mean is 1/8" - 27 NPT same as M10 X 1.25 ?

No, definitely not,
NPT is a tapered thread, used generally for fluid transfer since it, in theory, will pull tight and seal.
I had a look and found that you can buy the PS1's with either 1/8th - 27NPT or M10 x 1.25, so as long as you order the metric ones, the metric banjo bolt will fit.
see the four different options here.
http://www.summitracing.com/se...ilwood-ps-1-calipers (http://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/wilwood-ps-1-calipers)

slicktop
06-05-2013, 11:05 PM
The caliper with the metric fitting has the larger diameter piston, 1.12 inches. The caliper with the NPT fitting has a 1 inch piston.

Jon Burford
06-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by slicktop:
The caliper with the metric fitting has the larger diameter piston, 1.12 inches. The caliper with the NPT fitting has a 1 inch piston.

so it does!
I take it you want the 1" Pistons alexandraj?
If so you could look for an adapter as Racer-x suggested.

Jay Lawrence
06-06-2013, 07:41 PM
err, you could just machine a fitting to suit...

Jon Burford
06-07-2013, 01:00 AM
The real question is, why bother with the banjo/bolt,
just get some NPT fittings; they don't cost very much.

himanahu
06-26-2013, 09:27 AM
can anyone suggest which company caliper to be used for rim of 12 inches and rotor of 17 cm........mounting points on knuckle is not a problem.......

MCoach
06-26-2013, 10:38 AM
himanahu, don't double post.

there is a very large range of calipers that are offered as OEM, aftermarket sport, and racing spec calipers and would exhaust the rest of my day to list all of the options. From what you're looking at, that's a very small rotor, hope heat capacity doesn't become a problem.

A few options are Wilwood, Brembo, AP, stock motorcycle and atv parts, ISR, and I'd say that makes up about 90% of what everyone in the series uses.