PDA

View Full Version : Who uses the Power Commander?

dragonboi
07-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Hello,

Pretty much a new team from UCI in FSAE. I was wondering how many people out there used the power commander for their engines. From reading some previous posts regarding this as an option in adjusting the map as "an easy way out", but we still wanted to make this a possible option (along with the fact that it's supposely the easiest to use and we're a first year team). So just wondering who has used it, any opinions, and also if you used it did it have the function to change both the fuel and ignition map? I'm just asking this as i know some power commanders don't have the option to change both, not sure if both of these are available for our engine.

Thanks all

dragonboi
07-23-2005, 10:33 AM
Hello,

Pretty much a new team from UCI in FSAE. I was wondering how many people out there used the power commander for their engines. From reading some previous posts regarding this as an option in adjusting the map as "an easy way out", but we still wanted to make this a possible option (along with the fact that it's supposely the easiest to use and we're a first year team). So just wondering who has used it, any opinions, and also if you used it did it have the function to change both the fuel and ignition map? I'm just asking this as i know some power commanders don't have the option to change both, not sure if both of these are available for our engine.

Thanks all

Agent4573
07-23-2005, 10:57 AM
I would suggest going to http://www.powercommander.com and finding the exact model PC that is used on your bike, and then going through the option list on that PC. It doesn't say anywhere in your post what engine you use, so i don't think anyone will be able to answer your question of "did it have the function to change both fuel and ignition map for our engine?"

Jersey Tom
07-23-2005, 02:03 PM
We use it, though we may be migrating to a new ECU just for more functionality.

Power Commander is nice. Real easy to use, lets you adjust your fuel maps pretty quickly if you're changing altitudes (like we did...going from Colorado to Michigan).