PDA

View Full Version : help me

Pavlo
03-16-2005, 03:11 AM
hey ppl i'm 1st yearchemical engineering student , can u tell me how can i be helpful in a team for such kind of project

thanx

love
pavlo

Vector006
03-16-2005, 05:10 AM
first you can post a picture of your self, then we can talk...

Cement Legs
03-16-2005, 05:11 AM
HAHAHAHHAHA

Pavlo
03-16-2005, 08:07 AM
how does the pic matter

try this link if ur interested http://www.zenhex.com/viewthread.php?tid=40388

Lyn Labahn UW-Madison
03-16-2005, 10:01 AM
I see your mood on that other web board is "Romancing Death", I think I am too scared to talk to you.

Kirk Feldkamp
03-16-2005, 10:49 AM
I was gonna say lay off the guy that seems like he doesn't get some of the nuances of the English language... but then I checked out that link. That's a little weird, bud. A little weird indeed.

Hint: "Love, " is not your everyday way to close a forum post. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

IMHO ChemE's are fairly useless on a team (in a ChemE capacity). There isn't really any need for what they do on a race team. Learn to fabricate, learn to design mechanical things, learn to drive or tune, and then you will be useful to your team. Teams can always use someone that can clean wheels and bodywork!

-Kirk

Urvina
03-21-2005, 02:15 AM
DON"T BELIEVE THAT!!

EVERYONE can be useful to a team regardless of their academic goal. My team is composed of the most random students and I am the only one who is studying mechanical engineering...we don't even have a mechanical engineering degree program!

Our team has so much passion and drive for this that it doesn't matter what they know or don't. If you have the determination and energy, you can do anything. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Trust me, there is so much to do on a team that has nothing to do with auto's, do your best with this stuff and you'll be in the core of the team.

Erin Urvina
University of Alaska Anchorage
FSAE '06 Team Leader

BryanH
03-21-2005, 04:27 AM
Pavlo, your mission is chrome plated skull shifter knobs.
If Goth students built an fsae car who would be first choice test driver?

IttyBitty
03-23-2005, 12:25 AM
DON"T BELIEVE THAT!!

Well, technically it is true that in the Chem E sense, there really isn't much for a Chem E person to do. (I don't know if Erin got that part) But, if you learn how to do the things mentioned and really want to do this, then you'll be just as useful to your team as Erin's non-Mech E members are.

...regardless of what you do and don't believe, you should definately believe that hint.

"Love"
Nika

-see what I mean?

Flash
03-23-2005, 02:35 AM
Why not look at developing a "dope" for what ever tyres you are using? There could potentially be some big gains to be made, and it would be right up a chemical engineers alley.

I would love someone to develop an additive for me to modify the tyre for autocross, and use the same tyre compound untreated, or with a different dope, for enduro.

Hoosier Daddy
03-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Do you guys realize that the University of Guelph doesn't even have a Mechanical or Aerospace department!

This team finished 15th or something in 2004 with a TRICK setup. The only engineering programs they have are Biological, Systems & Computing, Environmental, and Water Resources.

If tree-huggers and computer geeks can finish 15th in Pontiac then ChemE's can surely be of help on any team.

Cement Legs
03-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Flash:
Why not look at developing a "dope" for what ever tyres you are using? There could potentially be some big gains to be made, and it would be right up a chemical engineers alley.

I would love someone to develop an additive for me to modify the tyre for autocross, and use the same tyre compound untreated, or with a different dope, for enduro.

I seem to remember tire doping was not aloud.... http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BeaverGuy
03-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Traction additives are allowed if they are applied to the tires previous to static judging.

Garlic
03-24-2005, 01:45 PM
The tire softener rule always seemed quite ambigous. It should probably be clarified. The spirit of the rule I beleive is that you should run basically the same tire in endurance as in autocross. However the rules say no tire soaking after technical inspection. So you could soak your tires and in autox they'd be softer and by endurance time they'd be a bit harder just because they were soaked less recently. Pretty good right? Of course there has been no enforcement of the rule so you could likely soak your autox only and not get caught. But in a competition like this you'd like to think that there is no blatant cheating going on.

Flash
03-24-2005, 11:08 PM
There is nothing in the rules to say you can not dope tyres before the competition, nor is there anything to say you cannot run more than one set of tyres, as long as they are the same type. The only grey area I see is whether you are altering the compound of the tyre by using dope, in which case it would be illegal to have one set doped and one not. However what if you had one set heavily doped and one set only slightly doped?

Of course, the problem with this is finding a dope that is of benefit to your tyre.

DY
03-25-2005, 03:44 PM
I have not read to rule in a while either, but I thought it was worded something like "altering the tire is not allowed."

And I think a change in performance capabilities counts as altered.

However, I am curious about so-called "siping" of the tires. I wonder if there is any benefit in siping slicks.