PDA

View Full Version : Aurora Bearings

IsheeM
04-14-2004, 06:47 AM
I am working on the budget for next year. Since we havent built a fsae car since 1996, I dont really know how much money to allocate towards bearings. If we used bearings in all the typical locations, about how much would you guys estimate that to cost? How much do you normally budget for bearings and what is the break-down (ie. suspension, tie rods, etc)
Thanks

IsheeM
04-14-2004, 06:47 AM
I am working on the budget for next year. Since we havent built a fsae car since 1996, I dont really know how much money to allocate towards bearings. If we used bearings in all the typical locations, about how much would you guys estimate that to cost? How much do you normally budget for bearings and what is the break-down (ie. suspension, tie rods, etc)
Thanks

Mike Shaw
04-14-2004, 07:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IsheeM:
Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

on our car we have the following:
8 A-arms X 2 AM-4 Rod ends = 16 AM-4
4 pullrods x 2 AM-4 rod ends = 8 AM-4
4 toe/steering links x 2 AM-4 rod ends = 8 AM-4
4 ARB links x 2 AM-4 rod ends = 8 AM-4
8 spherical bearings for shox = 8 AIB-4

total hardware: 48 peices at ~ $8 a peice

total $$$ = $350-$400

i might have left some out, so anyone else feel free to add on to this value. we ordered extra crap, so ours was a lot more. you might want to do the same, in case you lose a rod end here or there. also you need AB-4 (left hand threads) in some instances.

Mike Shaw
Texas A&M Formula SAE
Team Suspension