PDA

View Full Version : buying sxv 550 engine

ran_l
01-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone,
i am looking to buy a complete sxv 550 engine (including all the sensors the injectors and more...)
Do you know where can i buy it?
i have searched it all over the net but no luck.
thanks,
Ran

ran_l
01-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone,
i am looking to buy a complete sxv 550 engine (including all the sensors the injectors and more...)
thanks,
Ran

Lorenzo Pessa
01-11-2012, 11:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ran_l:
Hi everyone,
thanks,
Ran </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi, you have to consider that engine is going out of production.

Dewi Griffiths
01-12-2012, 03:15 AM
@ran_l

It depends what country you are in. Here in the UK we purchased our engine through Merseyside Aprilia. I must say now that although the delivery of the engines we purchased took up to about 4 months, they we're very helpful and did their best for us.

@Lorenzo, Are they really going out of production? Is this something widely known? Do you know when and why? If there is a replacement? Any information you can give me would be very well appreciated.

Lorenzo Pessa
01-13-2012, 01:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewigriff:
@Lorenzo, Are they really going out of production? Is this something widely known? Do you know when and why? If there is a replacement? Any information you can give me would be very well appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know when and if it is temporary only.
We took our engines directly from Piaggio (Aprilia owner) and they suggest to start to save them.

Dewi Griffiths
01-16-2012, 05:22 AM
OK. Do you have any more information? If they are to be taken out of production we want to be able to buy another couple to secure our drive train for the next couple of years.

So you buy your engines from Piaggio as opposed to directly from Aprilia? Do you mind if I private message you with regards to contacts/price?

Lorenzo Pessa
01-16-2012, 07:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewigriff:
OK. Do you have any more information? If they are to be taken out of production we want to be able to buy another couple to secure our drive train for the next couple of years.

So you buy your engines from Piaggio as opposed to directly from Aprilia? Do you mind if I private message you with regards to contacts/price? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We took engines as full sponsorship from Piaggio.