PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood Calipers..Problems?

SpdRcr
10-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey Everyone

Who has experience with Wilwoods PS-1 calipers or their GP-320 calipers? What kind of problems did you have with them? How bout performance.

I am thinking about PS-1's up front and GP 320 in the rear (possible mono caliper in the rear) Any feed back would be great.

SpdRcr
10-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey Everyone

Who has experience with Wilwoods PS-1 calipers or their GP-320 calipers? What kind of problems did you have with them? How bout performance.

I am thinking about PS-1's up front and GP 320 in the rear (possible mono caliper in the rear) Any feed back would be great.

Alan S.
10-19-2005, 12:42 PM
acording to one of my team mates some of the kart calipers are really a pain to blead but ive heard that about all of the break systems in genral

Homemade WRX
10-20-2005, 09:42 PM
I thought the gp320 and the ps1's were basically motorcycle calipers....the kart/jr. dragster caliper I thought was there only kart caliper...?
I have no experience with either but have considered running them this year.

Mustang Mac
10-21-2005, 10:27 AM
We have run the PS-1's and all I can say is I would never purchase a wilwood caliper for my car. The calipers seem to deflect at loads which are lower then there described limit. They use extreamly small and fine bleed screw which makes them easily stripped. They are difficult to bleed and they are the only coliper that I have seem that has about 1/8" of thread engagement for the brake line. We ran AP's this year and they are amazing. A little expensive, but they are works of art, bled on the first try and are bullet proof. But that's just my 2 cents!

SpdRcr
10-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the input!