PDA

View Full Version : problems with oil in turbo

Lovesong
06-26-2005, 05:00 AM
we have a GT12 turbo and in the lubrication, The oil is going throgh all sites. we have oil in throttle and in exhaust and i dont know what is the posible reasons and posibles solutions

Lovesong
06-26-2005, 05:00 AM
we have a GT12 turbo and in the lubrication, The oil is going throgh all sites. we have oil in throttle and in exhaust and i dont know what is the posible reasons and posibles solutions

Igor
06-26-2005, 06:11 AM
Well, that sucks. Good luck.
Or did you have a question?

Igor

Kirk Feldkamp
06-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Make certain your drain is within the spec on the drawings. Make sure the oil pressure into the turbo is correct per the drawing. This will solve 95% of the problem. Could you post a link with some pictures so I can see if there is anything else funky that might be happening?

-Kirk

peter_blais
07-16-2005, 10:48 PM
The oil drain is the most important aspect of getting these things to seal up... It needs to be per drawings, i know at least for larger turbochargers--- GT35 and the like which i run on my street car, you need a 5/8" (-10) drain line, and it needs to be free of sharp radius bends and kinks otherwise you will pull a james bond style smoke screen...

Also, oil pressures over 100-125 psi tend to make the seals in the bigger ones leak... Newer GT stuff typically has a restrictor built into the oil feed inlet, but thats something worth checking as well... Common T series restrictors are .060"...