PDA

View Full Version : Muffler Dimensions/Specs

Corsair
01-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi all,
was just wondering what muffler everybody uses. also, if you are able to provide dB rating and weight. Just trying to get a nice list of possibilities on what muffler to buy.

Corsair
01-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi all,
was just wondering what muffler everybody uses. also, if you are able to provide dB rating and weight. Just trying to get a nice list of possibilities on what muffler to buy.

mtg
01-04-2008, 08:57 PM
That's not going to be very useful for you. The dB of your exhaust is a function of many more things than just the muffler itself.

But, in general, most teams seem to be able to get a standard aftermarket motorcycle muffler to pass sound on a 600 I4. I'd stay away from a Two Brothers or D&D, those tend to be pretty loud.

I would definitely recommend getting a dB meter and testing your car before you show up to competition; also, leave a few dB padding to account for different testing conditions, calibrations, etc between your meter and the one at comp.

rjwoods77
01-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Coast fabrication 2" SCCA muffle is what we use. Tunable since you can easily take it apart and it is shocking how quite it is.

http://coastfab.com/ultralights.html