PDA

View Full Version : I want to advice...about Impact Attenuator....

superpote
11-04-2006, 03:16 AM
Hi,everyone
It is question about 3.3.6.4 Impact Attenuator Data Requirement of 07'FSAE Rules.
My team participated in 04'FSAE Competiton..and My Team will participate in 07'FSAE Competition..
FSAE Rules was changed crush zone--->Impact attenuator
and it says the team must submit calculations and/or test data.

3.3.6.4 Impact Attenuator Data Requirement
The team must submit calculations and/or test data to show that their Impact Attenuator, when mounted on the front of a vehicle with a total mass of 300 kgs (661 lbs) and run into a solid, non-yielding impact barrier with a velocity of impact of 7.0 metres/second (23.0 ft/sec),
would give an average deceleration of the vehicle not to exceed 20 g.
The calculations and/or test data must be submitted electronically in Adobe Acrobat ® format (*.pdf file) to the address and by the date provided in the Appendix.

According to Rules...
m=300kg , deceleration=20g(20x9.81=196.2m/sĀ²) , v=7m/s..

I have been search FSAE forum and other University data.
And I could see some video file that the team was doing the experiment like the rule say.
Should I submit the video file like that?? or Just it need calculations file?? What should I sumit exactly??
I am not sure what sould I sumit certainly.
Please advise about this part.
Thanks....

Good Luck^^

-Yeungnam University 'YUSAE'

superpote
11-04-2006, 03:16 AM
Hi,everyone
It is question about 3.3.6.4 Impact Attenuator Data Requirement of 07'FSAE Rules.
My team participated in 04'FSAE Competiton..and My Team will participate in 07'FSAE Competition..
FSAE Rules was changed crush zone--->Impact attenuator
and it says the team must submit calculations and/or test data.

3.3.6.4 Impact Attenuator Data Requirement
The team must submit calculations and/or test data to show that their Impact Attenuator, when mounted on the front of a vehicle with a total mass of 300 kgs (661 lbs) and run into a solid, non-yielding impact barrier with a velocity of impact of 7.0 metres/second (23.0 ft/sec),
would give an average deceleration of the vehicle not to exceed 20 g.
The calculations and/or test data must be submitted electronically in Adobe Acrobat ® format (*.pdf file) to the address and by the date provided in the Appendix.

According to Rules...
m=300kg , deceleration=20g(20x9.81=196.2m/sĀ²) , v=7m/s..

I have been search FSAE forum and other University data.
And I could see some video file that the team was doing the experiment like the rule say.
Should I submit the video file like that?? or Just it need calculations file?? What should I sumit exactly??
I am not sure what sould I sumit certainly.
Please advise about this part.
Thanks....

Good Luck^^

-Yeungnam University 'YUSAE'