PDA

View Full Version : water-coolling system

little bob
03-30-2011, 07:20 PM
it is a motor gasoline engine , and the temperature is so high that i cant have it work for a long time . but the temperature in water tank is low , i think there is some air in the water cylinder ,
how to solve the problem ,and is it necessary that the water tank is located higher than the engine so the air will go to the tank ?
all answers are appreciated

little bob
03-30-2011, 07:20 PM
it is a motor gasoline engine , and the temperature is so high that i cant have it work for a long time . but the temperature in water tank is low , i think there is some air in the water cylinder ,
how to solve the problem ,and is it necessary that the water tank is located higher than the engine so the air will go to the tank ?
all answers are appreciated

moose
03-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Yes, the higher your fill cap, the easier it is to get the air out.

Beyond that, are you sure you're not plugged somewhere? Thermostat opening? Plumbed correctly? Using oil cooler?
There were some good troubleshooting posts a couple of yrs ago searching for some radiator troubles, I believe.

little bob
03-30-2011, 10:13 PM
thank you ! QUOTE]Originally posted by moose:
Yes, the higher your fill cap, the easier it is to get the air out.

Beyond that, are you sure you're not plugged somewhere? Thermostat opening? Plumbed correctly? Using oil cooler?
There were some good troubleshooting posts a couple of yrs ago searching for some radiator troubles, I believe.[/QUOTE]