PDA

View Full Version : JIG TIME

abecedarian
04-26-2007, 06:05 AM
I know that questions about where specific items should be were supposed to be submitted to the rules committee, but...
I´m from HNU and this is our first time here!!!with this goal like all of you have it!!

My question is about the JIG TIME.

Should ˜The Cost of Jig Time' be added to the End Items, or be as a separate line item of each section of BOM?

If ˜The Cost of Jig Time' is added to the End Items, it means it will be added to the Sub-Total. But in the BOM of ˜Cost Summary Basics', the ˜Jig Time' and ˜Sub-Total' are two separate columns?

If it is added to the ˜Fixture & Jig Time', there are no the line item of ˜Fixture & Jig Time' in the section, ˜Brake System', ˜Engine and Drivetrain', ˜Instruments & Wiring', ˜Miscellaneous, Fit & Finish', ˜Steering System', ˜Suspension & Shocks', ˜Wheel & Tires', except for ˜Frame & Boby'?

Chris Allbee
04-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Generally speaking it is best to include the Jig Time as a separate line item under each manufactured part. Last year we included our jig time with assembly time and the judges weren't too happy with that.

abecedarian
04-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks,Chris.
But how do we do with 'the cost of Jig Time' in the 'Cost Summary Basics' of each section?