PDA

View Full Version : Torsen Spline companies

bajaguy99
02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi,

I am a member of a SAE Mini Baja team and we recently acquired a torsen differential from our Formula team. Unfortunately none of the team remember when it was run and they no longer have the cv joints for it. I was curious if any of the teams that currently run a torsen or have in the past could provide us with some information of companies that we could contact to get cv joint so that we can run the diff in this years car. Any input you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eric W

P.S. we need cv joints not the tri-pods becaus those wouldn't provide enough angular travel for our car.

bajaguy99
02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi,

I am a member of a SAE Mini Baja team and we recently acquired a torsen differential from our Formula team. Unfortunately none of the team remember when it was run and they no longer have the cv joints for it. I was curious if any of the teams that currently run a torsen or have in the past could provide us with some information of companies that we could contact to get cv joint so that we can run the diff in this years car. Any input you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eric W

P.S. we need cv joints not the tri-pods becaus those wouldn't provide enough angular travel for our car.

Brian Barnhill
02-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Check for miata half shafts, if I recall this is where my team sourced some quite a few years ago.

badger racer
02-24-2012, 08:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Barnhill:
Check for miata half shafts, if I recall this is where my team sourced some quite a few years ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you remember what year of miata the half shafts were from

Brian Barnhill
02-25-2012, 03:59 PM
I believe it was from the later NA Miatas (94-97). The earlier miata's may have the same splines, but I can't recall off the top of my head.

When I've swapped the torsen into the older NA's I always used the 94+ axles due to different lengths.