PDA

View Full Version : I need help (PLEASE)

Osama
02-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Hello guys,

recently i tried many ways to figure out the maximum flow rate of a Suzuki GSXR 600 (2007) that water pump can produce and they are:
1- Experiment but failed because of the old measuring device and equipments.
2- contact the manufacturer but also i got no response.

please guys .. i need the value of maximum water mass flow rate or the volume flow rate of the water pump of the mentioned engine .. or at least roughly

WAITING FOR YOUR HELP GUYS

Pennyman
02-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Does the engine run? If so, you could try an "IV" method where you prime the system, and have the inlet attached to a bucket full of water, and the outlet in an emtpy bucket. Turn the engine on, hold at a constant RPM, and time how long it takes to transfer a certain amount of water.

I don't think it would be a linear relationship between RPM and flow rate though, so you might have to run the test at a couple different RPM's.

Just a thought.

Sormaz
02-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Don't you just need two pressure traps?

Even if all your measurement equipment is old, I think you could do it simply by running two T fittings (inlet and outlet, for example) and running some vertical tube from those and taking a good old head measurement

Osama
03-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Thank you guyz for the quick reply

@ Pennyman: your idea is great .. But University's facilities won't help us to conduct such experiment.
@ samoz: your idea is more easier .. But also for the same reason we can't do that also and we r racing against time.

So even roughly .. Any one can provide us the maximum water flow rate that our engine can produce ?? http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

coastertrav
03-02-2011, 02:41 PM
You could do either of those tests in an hour, what are you talking about don't have any time.

And faculty help? My 16 year old brother could conduct this test.

Sormaz
03-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Osama:
@ samoz: your idea is more easier .. But also for the same reason we can't do that also and we r racing against time.

sydlexic much?
-Sormaz

Ivan Maglica
03-03-2011, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Osama:
Thank you guyz for the quick reply

@ Pennyman: your idea is great .. But University's facilities won't help us to conduct such experiment.

I don't get it?!
You need two buckets and stopwatch, what facilities do you need to make such test?

Rex Chan
03-08-2011, 05:33 AM
It seems as though you are asking for actual numbers of mechanical water pump flow rates; I cannot help you directly, as we run an electrical pump (Davies Craig EWP115). This pump claims to pump 115L/min in free water (no backpressure). A test in 2009 with the EWP80 with a bucket and actual car cooling system got around 30-40L/min. These numbers should be a guide to how much a MWP should flow.

I assume you mean your uni won't LET you run your engine like that, so if you have a spare pump, large electric motor and buckets, you can run the pump away from the car/engine using the motor. An electric drill may work too...