PDA

View Full Version : [AU TEAMS] 1020 Cold Drawn Seamless Suppliers

Kirby
07-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Hey Guys,

Our supplier has stopped making/stocking one of the requisite sizes of CDS 1020 for our chassis. I can get it from them but it's a minimum order of 25 lengths (6m ea).

I'm really having trouble getting hold of 25.4 (or 25) x 1.2 (or 1.25) in round and square sections. I've called all the suppliers I know over the last week (onsteel, orrcon, performance metals) and most of them can only get ERW or annealed hydraulic tube in that size.

Any of the guys making 1020 space-frame help me out with any suppliers I can call?

Kirby
07-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Hey Guys,

Our supplier has stopped making/stocking one of the requisite sizes of CDS 1020 for our chassis. I can get it from them but it's a minimum order of 25 lengths (6m ea).

I'm really having trouble getting hold of 25.4 (or 25) x 1.2 (or 1.25) in round and square sections. I've called all the suppliers I know over the last week (onsteel, orrcon, performance metals) and most of them can only get ERW or annealed hydraulic tube in that size.

Any of the guys making 1020 space-frame help me out with any suppliers I can call?

carbon_black
07-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Maybe give Racetech a call? Not sure if they go down to 25x1.2, but see how you go.

www racetechsteel com au/

-Pete, UTS.

Tom W
07-21-2010, 11:29 PM
We get some of our aluminium from a joint called racetech steels. I have absolutely no idea what steels they stock (quite possibly only chro-mo) because we have never actually bought any steel from them but you could have a look at their website.

Dave Gordon
08-09-2010, 08:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kirby:
Hey Guys,

Any of the guys making 1020 space-frame help me out with any suppliers I can call? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Kirby - here is a shameless plug for us as well as a metals supplier down under.

We are a US-based distributor of various metals materials including DOM and 4130, among other materials too.

We also work closely with Melbourne-based Airport Metals Australia. Their website is www.airportmetals.com.au (http://www.airportmetals.com.au). If they cannot help you, please feel free to come back to us. I do not believe they list DOM on their website, but we can surely assist them. We send them Ocean freight shipments 1-2 times a month and Airfreight as required.

Please let us know if their is anything we can do for you. We work with the FSAE teams all over the world.

Best regards

Dave
-------------------------------------------------
David Gordon
AED Motorsport Products
5373 West 86th Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46268 USA
Phone: 317-334-0569 / US Toll-free 888-413-0233
Fax: 317-879-9397
dave@aedmotorsport.com
www.aedmotorsport.com (http://www.aedmotorsport.com)