could any help me how to start off building a chassis

kounds
02-14-2008, 03:36 AM
hi guys
i am starting to build a space frame chassis
could any help me how to start off building a chassis

JHarshbarger
02-14-2008, 05:31 AM
The function of the chassis is to hold the components of your car in a nearly fixed location, so the chassis should be designed around the things it needs to hold. It also needs to conform to the rules of the competition if you are planning on entering it in a competition.

Start off with a suspension design. Preferably, purchase a suspension design program, such as SusProg3D or OptimumK. Mock up a suspension based on similar cars and guesses for starters. Then work to refine the system as you'd like. This is where books on suspension design are handy. You can pick up Race Car Vehicle Dynamics by Milliken and Milliken which covers suspension and more. Once you have your suspension mounting points, start building a frame to hold it. You'll probably need to go back and forth between suspension and chassis to make things work.

If you want to know more about a particular part of chassis design, ask it specifically. More specific questions tend to get a better response on here.

Chris Allbee
02-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Searching "chassis design" brought up 526 results using the FIND feature on these forums. I suggest you start there...

B Hise
02-14-2008, 07:13 AM
im going to go ahead and assume that "blore" is short for Bangalore.

In which case, heres some help:
http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/125607348/m/83610299341