PDA

View Full Version : Kudos

Sam Zimmerman
03-25-2004, 11:05 PM
Kudos to Brian Lewis at Performance Electronics (http://www.pe-ltd.com). After getting all set up on the dyno stand and spending too many hours troubleshooting I sent off an email late last night. By time I got to school this morning I had an email from Brian. A couple more emails and a phone call and the engine is running again. If you are looking for an ECU (or will be next year), there isn't a company of any kind with better service.

If you have a company that you would recommend other teams use because of great service, please post it.

Sam Zimmerman
03-25-2004, 11:05 PM
Kudos to Brian Lewis at Performance Electronics (http://www.pe-ltd.com). After getting all set up on the dyno stand and spending too many hours troubleshooting I sent off an email late last night. By time I got to school this morning I had an email from Brian. A couple more emails and a phone call and the engine is running again. If you are looking for an ECU (or will be next year), there isn't a company of any kind with better service.

If you have a company that you would recommend other teams use because of great service, please post it.

alfordda
03-26-2004, 05:16 AM
Sam

I have to say I agree. The guys at PE will do all they can to help. There customer support is the best I have delt with.

James Waltman
03-26-2004, 09:40 AM
Vote number three for Performance Electronics. Our Haltech E6K had a bad driver so we bought a new ECU from PE. Brian has been so helpful on this forum, the price is great, and it didn't have to come from Australia. Hard combination to beat.

ethanL007
03-26-2004, 10:40 AM
PE-ltd has been an awesome vendor and resource for us as a first year team. Couldn't have asked for better service.

acracker
03-26-2004, 10:54 AM
After fighting with Electromotive's system and tech support, the Performance Electronics system is awesome. We had our first engine running in a matter of minutes after wiring it.

Eric
03-26-2004, 03:28 PM
I have to give Scott Matas of Superior Engine Technology kudos for his support of the AEM system. Although AEM put the wrong adapter card in initially, Scott diagnosed and solved the issue. He has been available at ridiculous hours to answer our strange questions. Best of all, once we received the correct unit, our engine was also running in a matter of minutes. We've been drag and dropping fuel maps and letting the AEM tune itself ever since. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

B Lewis @ PE Engine Management
03-27-2004, 05:36 AM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of the kind words. Truth is we really enjoy helping out the FSAE teams. It's a great program that myself and the other guys all learned a lot from when we were members.

How is everybody else doing with our stuff?

BStoney
03-27-2004, 10:41 AM
No better company with better service than PE. Always willing to help and go the extra mile.

Gavin
03-29-2004, 02:23 PM
PE is awesome! This ECU is easy to tune and the price is great. What else could you want? The service is awesome and has yet to be matched by anyone else we deal with. These guys rock!

on a side note, if you are running an R6, the Honda F4i coils fit right in the R6 head and run great with the ECU.

Gavin
Rutgers Formula Racing

acracker
04-29-2004, 05:56 PM
I just have to say again that Performance Electronics is an excellent company to do business with. We made a mistake on the wiring on our new car and fried the coil drivers. We were able to call PE on a Sunday afternoon and get an answer to our problem in a couple minutes. Brian at PE even stayed late to fix our box so it could be shipped out the following morning so we were not without our system for very long. Like everyone else has said, their service is top notch.

Marc Jaxa-Rozen
04-29-2004, 09:06 PM
PE probably has the best customer service I have ever seen. Just the fact that we quickly managed to get our engine running fine without any previous experience with standalone management or EFI conversions is, I think, testament enough to the user-friendliness of their product and support.

Marc Jaxa-Rozen
École Nationale d'Aérotechnique

James Waltman
05-28-2004, 11:52 AM
Sam,
Kudos to you for all of your help.
More details here. (http://fsae.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=763607348&f=125607348&m=67810399311)

Brian and the guys at PE again. We screwed up and ruined the processor in the ECU (our fault) on Friday May 7th. We sent it out on Saturday the 8th (overnight shipping). They fixed it and had it back to us on Tuesday the 11th. We left for Detroit on Saturday the 15th. We cut it close but they bailed us out.

Thanks to Craig Taylor and Scott Young of Taylor Race Engineering. They helped us out a with some drivetrain issues. Craig was having a lot of fun – I don't think they let him get his hands dirty often enough. I know that they were helping Carleton as well.

Thanks to Dick Golembiewski for taking the time to give teams feedback on the Design Review Report.

Thanks Pat Clarke for stopping by to talk to us. We will see what we can do about getting to Australia in the fall.

Thanks to Claude Rouelle for some encouragement, lessons, and jokes.

Jarrod
05-28-2004, 07:48 PM
James, if you are thinking about coming to Aus in december, let us know (monash). we had a great time with the Chalmers guys here last year, and would be happy to help out another team. Same deal goes for anyone, and I know a lot of the other teams here would do the same. We are based about 30mins from the event, and by december we will have our own full workshop up and running , TIG, lathe, mill. Damn paperwork.

Jarrod Hammond
Monash University FSAE
www-personal.monash.edu.au/~fsae
jpham1 @ student.monash.edu.au

Wildcat13
06-10-2005, 04:33 PM
I would once again like to drop a thanks to Brian Lewis and the guys @ Performance Electronics from the University of Arizona. They are an awesome company to work with and if you haven't heard it a million times before, their customer service rocks.

After a spree of engine failures from our AEM (the last one being the night before dynamics at competition) we ditched it for the PE system. After a motor rebuild and swap we put in the PE wiring harness (which they had for us very shortly after we dicided to go with their system) and ECU. Even when we ran into some problems the guys were there every minute they could be to help.

If you haven't gotten on the bus yet, I hear their new system is going to rock.

Ryan Kanto, Team Captain
University of Arizona Formula SAE

PS - Nothing against Scott Matas of Superior Engine Technology. He was an awesome help in the past to us. It seems like the AEM was never meant for a gixxer though...