PDA

View Full Version : Push-Pull Cable

Jeffrey
09-24-2004, 04:06 PM
Just wondering if any of the teams uses push-pull cables for the gas pedal on the car, if it is so, what kind of push-pull cable do you guys use?

I've been searching on the internet but I couldn't find something that we can use with our TB, we make a custom TB with the stock throttle rail and I can't find a push pull cable that can make the curvature (33mm aprox) of the rail, Do you use a different system to adapt the push-pull?

Jeffrey
09-24-2004, 04:06 PM
Just wondering if any of the teams uses push-pull cables for the gas pedal on the car, if it is so, what kind of push-pull cable do you guys use?

I've been searching on the internet but I couldn't find something that we can use with our TB, we make a custom TB with the stock throttle rail and I can't find a push pull cable that can make the curvature (33mm aprox) of the rail, Do you use a different system to adapt the push-pull?

MikeWaggoner at UW
09-24-2004, 09:01 PM
We just use a simple lever arm instead of the stock throttle rail with our push-pull setup. It's not as linear a response I suppose, but it's close enough that I don't think it's noticable.
You could do it like manual airplanes do and use 2 tension cables.

Jeffrey
09-25-2004, 09:17 AM
Can you post some pics to see how it works?

MikeWaggoner at UW
09-25-2004, 02:56 PM
No pics at home.

http://students.washington.edu/mikewagg/throttlebody.GIF

Jeffrey
09-25-2004, 04:07 PM
Thanks it looks very simple and effective

Jeffrey
09-27-2004, 09:17 AM
Hi Mike, can you post more pics to see more details of the system, where did you put the springs that should be on the throttle? did you put it on the pedal or on both places?

Can you explain me how the 2 tension cables works on the airplane?