PDA

View Full Version : caliper positioning

Tai
12-01-2011, 11:04 AM
can any one please tell me how to decide the positioning of the calipers...why is it advised to position the caliper in 3'o clock position for front and 9'o clock for the rear???

Tai
12-01-2011, 11:04 AM
can any one please tell me how to decide the positioning of the calipers...why is it advised to position the caliper in 3'o clock position for front and 9'o clock for the rear???

AxelRipper
12-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Do an FBD

PatClarke
12-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Do a forum search

Pat

js10coastr
12-09-2011, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tai:
can any one please tell me how to decide the positioning of the calipers...why is it advised to position the caliper in 3'o clock position for front and 9'o clock for the rear??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depends on how you orient your clock!

Adambomb
12-10-2011, 12:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by js10coastr:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tai:
can any one please tell me how to decide the positioning of the calipers...why is it advised to position the caliper in 3'o clock position for front and 9'o clock for the rear??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It depends on how you orient your clock! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget to include the effects of Daylight Savings Time, if it is recognized in the state/country you are competing in.

kracer
12-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Man! Y'all were on this one fast...

I second AxelRipper.
When you know your forces, and where they go, design does gets much simpler.
Optimizing your design is another story...

typeh
12-15-2011, 11:19 AM
place it where you want and let your mates comment

vikram.
12-17-2011, 12:32 AM
willwood