PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Geometry

Nitesh
11-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to know that between Non-parallel and Parallel a-arms which one do you people prefer? Most of the books have various pros and cons about both of them but am not sure which criteria are more important than the others.

Nitesh
11-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to know that between Non-parallel and Parallel a-arms which one do you people prefer? Most of the books have various pros and cons about both of them but am not sure which criteria are more important than the others.

Psychosis
11-05-2005, 10:35 AM
im no expert, but my thoughts have always been along the lines of we're always in roll when competing so the less roll centre movement you have the better, which can only be achieved using non-parallel unequal length wishbones.

PedalOnTheRight
11-05-2005, 11:53 AM
My thoughts as well. The goal should a suspension design through camber control, roll center control, toe control and good steering feedback during all aspects of acceleration, bump, and droop. This is obviously a very general statement, but some would say that the most important aspect of suspension geometry is minimization of changes in Roll Center, in which case you need to use non-parallel a arms. You can throw in some anti-dive and anti-squat with the pickup points on the chassis in a non-colinear arrangement (from the side view), but I haven't played with that enough to help you out. Gluck!