PDA

View Full Version : torsen washers and pins on the cost report

Chuck Maddocks
03-28-2006, 05:15 PM
how are you costing the torsen in the cost report? i'm assuming you just add up the cost of the carrier/housing, gears, inboard axles, bearings and seals, but how do you do the washers and pins? i can get the cost of the gears from the torsen website, but they don't say anything about washers and pins. i'm not actually making them, and i don't really want to say that i am in the cost report. how did teams cost these items in the past, or where can i find info on this?

Chuck Maddocks
03-28-2006, 05:15 PM
how are you costing the torsen in the cost report? i'm assuming you just add up the cost of the carrier/housing, gears, inboard axles, bearings and seals, but how do you do the washers and pins? i can get the cost of the gears from the torsen website, but they don't say anything about washers and pins. i'm not actually making them, and i don't really want to say that i am in the cost report. how did teams cost these items in the past, or where can i find info on this?

Blake
03-28-2006, 08:14 PM
you dont need to put that in all you ahve to do is put the actual price you paid for the differential

RobCMT
03-29-2006, 05:17 AM
yes, remember the torsen is a PURCHASED item, not MANUFACTURED, so the price to go into the cost report is the full retail cost of the unit. You do not need to fill out any Process description sheets for this item.

drivetrainUW-Platt
03-29-2006, 06:47 AM
you can find the prices I believe from Torsen, I know we used a custom housing and just prices out that and the internals of the torsen diff.....