PDA

View Full Version : SENSORS

AKAY
12-13-2010, 04:11 PM
hey guys
i have engine cbr600rr and i use peformance control i want to know if necessary to use map sensor or i can run correctly engine without it
because the engine is not run correctly some times run rabidly and correct with high rpm and another time don't able to run without any changes in ECU .please i try more times but without results.

AKAY
12-13-2010, 04:11 PM
hey guys
i have engine cbr600rr and i use peformance control i want to know if necessary to use map sensor or i can run correctly engine without it
because the engine is not run correctly some times run rabidly and correct with high rpm and another time don't able to run without any changes in ECU .please i try more times but without results.

RollingCamel
12-13-2010, 05:49 PM
My turn to be a smart-ass, though some simple grammar could make the post easier to read.

You use caps on the title and not a single cap at the start of a sentence or 'I'?

PeterK
12-14-2010, 07:23 AM
What control philosophy are you using? Speed Density or Alpha-N? Do you have a MAF?

Mbirt
12-14-2010, 08:04 AM
(Assuming he's not running a MAF here) You can run the engine without a MAP sensor, which would be called Alpha-N. Instead of using MAP for load-sensing, your ECU will use throttle position. For an engine that's always running in the same ambient conditions with the same intake and exhaust configurations, it'll perform fine once you tune it. If any condition changes, however, a given throttle position doesn't correspond to a certain load.

You're much better off using speed density with a MAP sensor. When you travel to competition and the conditions are much different, you'll be glad you made this decision.

Also, get your engine a rabies shot right away.

AKAY
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">rabies shot right away </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ok...thanks Mbirt