PDA

View Full Version : Diagram of active suspension in SimMechanics

rendy_mustang
11-21-2009, 08:28 PM
I intend to build my own active suspension model in SimMechanics. I thought about the "moderate" model in which have no complicated arm/spindle or something like that and maybe only consist of spring, damper, mass, tyre and so on. Later on, I want to improve the model and implement a fuzzy controller on it.

So far, I've been searching for the diagram that I can use as a reference in building my model. I wonder whether you can give me a schematic diagram of active suspension system that I can use. Or maybe you have a past experience in doing this so that we can share the knowledge. If so, then I would be very happy.

Feel free to drop me personal message or email me. I'm looking forward to receive your response.

Pennyman
11-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Good luck with this. Sounds exciting and possibly the start of something you could publish as an SAE technical paper.

The hardest part in my opinion, however...is knowing how to implement, package, and manufacture it http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rendy_mustang
11-22-2009, 10:46 PM
so can you help me in this occasion?

JohannesH
11-23-2009, 02:21 AM
The first thing is, that you have to tell which part is the active one, ARB / spring-damper / active camber adjustment / active rear-front steering ...

If it's an active ARB, you find a lot of information on the internet.

exFSAE
11-23-2009, 04:26 AM
You can honestly find some pretty decent drawings of the Williams active suspension from the 90's by a quick Google search..

Tim.Wright
11-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Theres a good explanation of the Williams system on Scarb's f1 site. www_scarbsf1_com I think.

Other than that, I would start by modelling a normal double wishbone system and then replacing the spring and damper with an actuator.

The scarbsf1 site give a pretty good explanation of the control system which would drive your actuator too.

Regards

Tim