PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fibre Brake Rotor

Chang
02-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Hi guys~~

We have contacted Composite company from south korea last year. So They have decided that sponsored our team carbon fibre disc and pad.

If anyone is interested in carbon fibre rotor.
you will contact DACC webite
"http://www.dacc21.com/"

Good Luck...

TG
02-10-2005, 09:58 PM
How much are a set of C/SiC rotors going to add to your budget? It looks like they make them the same way SGL makes theirs. They use long PAN fibers and form them into the discs. They then heat them and let silicon infiltrate into the surface of the discs. This is a long and expensive process.
Brembo has the economical way of producing ceramic discs with chopped SiC fibers and then form the discs. This is supposedly a lot cheaper, so it would seem like Ferrari and Brembo have something like a 2000% mark-up on the ceramic brake discs.
One more thing. Porsche owners have been experiencing cracking of the discs during hard use of their SGL ceramic discs. This is due to the binding material braking down in the discs. The Brembo discs aren't doing this. I wouldn't know is going into DACC's discs, but mind you it's not going to be the same as the high temp carbon fiber reinforced carbon discs used in F1 or Le Mans.
Anyways, just my two cents. Best of luck with the disc's if you go ahead and use them. It would be interesting to see some.

Chang
02-11-2005, 04:03 AM
Hi TG.

As I contacted DACC, I afraid of the braking ability of Carbon Fiber Disc for only 22km endurance event. As you know, The friction oefficient of Carbon Fibre of low temperature is a extremely low. But Dacc's researcher said no problem about temperature or friction coefficient. If the pad is made softly, The temperature of Max. braking abililty can make low. In addition to, The weight of last Disc is 900g. But If we make carbon fibre as material, it will be 300g under....
Surely, We know a several problems(Budegt, Cost report...etc)