PDA

View Full Version : Megasquirt Ignition Issues

Alan_RHIT
02-01-2011, 02:56 PM
We are using a Megasquirt-II V3.57 to run a CBR600 F4i. We are having some ignition issues. The engine will run on two cylinders sparking. And we have checked all the plugs and they all sparked. Then we put them in and only get two cylinders to fire. Then I pulled them and only two plugs sparked. I have checked all the plugs and coils and they all work fine. I have even tried changing some of the wires to the coils around only to find that the engine will run on just about every two cylinders. But never runs on all 4. I have adjusted the trigger offset with a timing light. I found the offset to be close to 50 degrees. And I usually run a bit advanced on two cylinders. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Alan_RHIT
02-01-2011, 02:56 PM
We are using a Megasquirt-II V3.57 to run a CBR600 F4i. We are having some ignition issues. The engine will run on two cylinders sparking. And we have checked all the plugs and they all sparked. Then we put them in and only get two cylinders to fire. Then I pulled them and only two plugs sparked. I have checked all the plugs and coils and they all work fine. I have even tried changing some of the wires to the coils around only to find that the engine will run on just about every two cylinders. But never runs on all 4. I have adjusted the trigger offset with a timing light. I found the offset to be close to 50 degrees. And I usually run a bit advanced on two cylinders. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Mbirt
02-02-2011, 12:53 AM
If you post on the megasquirt forums and provide a .msq and .msl, you'll more than likely get a knowledgeable response within 12 hours. James, "jsmcortina", has been particularly responsive and helpful in advising us on our crank trigger problems.

I'm guessing you're running wasted spark. Are the two firing cylinders one from each of the two wasted spark shares? How many BIP373's are you using?

RANeff
02-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Definitely check out msextra.com

Are you running wasted spark? WAsted spark w/ COP? Full COP?

Alan_RHIT
02-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Okay so I got it to fire but my map is totally wrong anyone willing to give me a base map??

Mbirt
02-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Consult the bible. The knowledge gained from the troubles of a student-built ECU will make you better engineer in the end.

h t t p : / / w w w . megamanual . com / ms2 / tune . h t m # spark

RANeff
02-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Easy way Ive found to get a *running* base map:

Build a map based on the stock torque curve at WOT (If you have done your fueling calcs right, you should have the highest torque cell at ~100) and translate down through your TPS range.

This will get you a running engine, however I would not drive a car on a map like this. Its just a base to start tuning from.