PDA

View Full Version : Polaris throttle body position sensor

Sathersc
03-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Hey guys, does anyone know who manufactures, or where we can find the connector for the throttle position sensor on this years Polaris fsae/baja throttle body? It's a 3-pin connector with flat contacts and a rounded rectangular shape to it. We so far can't find anything like it anywhere. Ideas?

Sathersc
03-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Hey guys, does anyone know who manufactures, or where we can find the connector for the throttle position sensor on this years Polaris fsae/baja throttle body? It's a 3-pin connector with flat contacts and a rounded rectangular shape to it. We so far can't find anything like it anywhere. Ideas?

Poe
03-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Do you have a picture anywhere?

drivetrainUW-Platt
03-27-2007, 06:50 AM
call up the electrical engineers at Polaris...or just cut it off and find a more standard connector and sodder the 2 sets of wires together...it will still work fine if you do it right.

Sathersc
03-27-2007, 08:05 AM
So far we haven't been able to get a hold of Polaris. Here's a pic of the connector.

http://www.miamiredhawkracing.com/gallery/generators/preview.php?imageid=209

Dallas Blake
03-27-2007, 02:53 PM
What is the throttle body off of? FS/FST? or the sportsman line? I think you might be able to get the connectors from polaris if you call up your local dealer? I don't imagine they are cheap though. You could also find out who makes the TPS then check your local junkyard, thats what I had to do in search of new TPS clips

BStoney
03-28-2007, 11:42 PM
If that photo is what I think it is, its just their std throttle body from a snow sled with the Polaris TPS sensor that is on many of their snow sleds. This harness *SHOULD* have the connector you need on it...

HERE...Ebay Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polaris-2003-800-RMK-Complete-wire-harness-NO-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ100468QQitemZ32 0097728937QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)

If the Part Number on the TPS sensor is "3131009" then you should be in business if you get that harness above. If not, it's probably worth the 10-15 bucks to give it a shot if you still can't get ahold of Polaris directly...

Hope that helps.

drivetrainUW-Platt
03-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Why are you having such a hard time with this??

Call polaris, not an atv store, the manufactuer, and ask to talk to someone in the electrical engineering department. Tell them the Throttle body you have and tell them you need the connector that goes to it. If you talk to the right ppl they will know about FSAE and give it to you.