PDA

View Full Version : Rod end resistance

Keysmer
04-03-2006, 06:51 PM
We have used Aurora VCAM-6 and VCAB-6 rod ends in our first and second year car, supporting forces (static or alternating) over 100lb even in non radial directions. After the competition (without rod ends problems) it's amazing to me to see that in Aurora's catalog, the ultimate radial static load capacity for this rod end model (VCAM-6 and VCAB-6) is 6.533lb.
The question is: What happens??????? Why our rod ends are so shiny, beautiful and smily after so overcharge???????? Is 6.533lbs the real static resistance?????
It is clear that an easy way to reduce some weight is to use stronger rod end series and choose as small as possible, but I don't know how much is the smaller I can choose because I don't know the real resistance.
I shall be very grateful for your help.
Keysmer

Keysmer
04-03-2006, 06:51 PM
We have used Aurora VCAM-6 and VCAB-6 rod ends in our first and second year car, supporting forces (static or alternating) over 100lb even in non radial directions. After the competition (without rod ends problems) it's amazing to me to see that in Aurora's catalog, the ultimate radial static load capacity for this rod end model (VCAM-6 and VCAB-6) is 6.533lb.
The question is: What happens??????? Why our rod ends are so shiny, beautiful and smily after so overcharge???????? Is 6.533lbs the real static resistance?????
It is clear that an easy way to reduce some weight is to use stronger rod end series and choose as small as possible, but I don't know how much is the smaller I can choose because I don't know the real resistance.
I shall be very grateful for your help.
Keysmer

Marshall Grice
04-04-2006, 09:35 AM
i think that decimal point is supposed to be a comma.

RStory
04-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I'd feel pretty confident saying the load rating on those is 6533 pounds.