PDA

View Full Version : no rear camber compromises

clausen
04-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Hi,

Check out the rear suspension on this thing.
http://www.loremo.com/fahrwerk_en.php

It's pure trailing arm in pitch, (with no camber change), and semi trailing arm (with neg camber gain) in roll.

I haven't looked at it in much detail. I wonder what it's like in one wheel bump.

It's the same sort of behaviour that the fancy dax front end is designed to acheive, and the reason we used a dedion.

clausen
04-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Hi,

Check out the rear suspension on this thing.
http://www.loremo.com/fahrwerk_en.php

It's pure trailing arm in pitch, (with no camber change), and semi trailing arm (with neg camber gain) in roll.

I haven't looked at it in much detail. I wonder what it's like in one wheel bump.

It's the same sort of behaviour that the fancy dax front end is designed to acheive, and the reason we used a dedion.

Storbeck
04-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Interesting, after staring at it for a while and scratching my head, I think it's pretty much a way more complicated way to get the same thing as a de-dion (probably spelled wrong) would get you, plus it will have some dynamic toe change in the rear. Only difference I can see is that this could have the advantage of giving you more than 1 degree of negative camber per degree of roll (what you get with de-dion), if that's what you want.

Trying to figure out where the roll center would be with this thing and pretty much decided I'd rather just keep studying controls. Which is amazing because I'd rather do just about anything (shoot myself, knaw arm off to escape bear trap, hang out with anoying ugly chick, etc..) than controls right now.

Big Bird
04-20-2006, 03:58 AM
Wow. That's got the old mind ticking away a bit. What is it pivoting on? It must have some pretty hefty balljoints just forward of the shocks, they'd look like tow-balls I'd reckon. You'd have a lot of load going through them, and there is potential there for a lot of slop. Still, I love seeing something a bit innovative.

Cheers,

Ché
04-20-2006, 06:25 AM
"...as well as its stiff structure contribute to optimum road behaviour."

If that thing is "stiff" then it must be really heavy. If it's not stiff (my guess)then it doesn't control the tire very well. Either way it shouldn't be on a race car.

fade
04-20-2006, 12:04 PM
looks like it has toe out in roll at the rear

Blake_DFSAE
04-24-2006, 04:44 PM
You heard them, it has excellent roadability.