PDA

View Full Version : FSAEINDIATRJ

Trichy Jagadeesan
10-24-2008, 11:29 PM
This is Amazing!
What a wonderful way to network to get all info about Formula SAE. Looking forward to receiving useful information/suggestions for organizing FSAEINDIA competition in India.
Jagadeesan

vivy
10-25-2008, 12:48 PM
welcome Jagadeeshan
I think urs iis first year car,, my whole hearted best wishes
for you on behalf of Defianz racing DCE ..
vivek bithar
DCE
FSAE'06,07,08

PatClarke
10-25-2008, 04:49 PM
What are you trying to tell us or show us Trichy?

All I get is a big black box!

Cheers
Pat

Trichy Jagadeesan
10-28-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by PatClarke:
What are you trying to tell us or show us Trichy?

All I get is a big black box!

Cheers
Pat

PatClarke
10-28-2008, 04:12 AM
Now I am even more confused Trichy ???

Pat

JD232
11-04-2008, 02:15 AM
Pat,

The rumor is out that there is going to be a new competition added to FSAE series, that is FSAE India....
I am not sure about the details, but I think the location has been finalized, and it will be held in Chennai. Thats what I guess he is saying

I am not sure if it is a good move, but I will be pleased because it will cut down our budgets by a substantial amount

PatClarke
11-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Mmmmm Arpit,

There is no reason why an Indian competition shouldn't be successful, however, there would need to be some very stringent overseeing.

If the competition is being driven by the students rather than the Universities and the Indian Equivalent of the SAE, then it will fail for sure. Sad to say, but that would be putting the lunatics in charge of the asylum =] =]

For a successful Indian competition, it requires backing from the local automotive and aerospace industry. These companies need to be properly briefed on what the competition is all about.

A good model for an Indian competition would be FSG.

If I can help, just ask.

Pat

drywater
11-05-2008, 01:25 PM
i agree with you pat,i recently talked to my friend who is in minibaja India team,he said that the standards of scrutineering and design competitions were very low compared to the formula student UK which i visited.Although the craze for motorsports is on the rise ,but despite that only few companies like TATA,JK are only sponsoring.Further for a successful competiton the team of Mr Micheal Royce and Mr Pat should be involved.

JD232
11-08-2008, 02:41 AM
I agree with Ankit, about the fact that the standards of scrutineering are very low esp since our level of engineering is not yet upto the mark.
But if Indian Baja is any indicative to automotive industry support then I am sure it can be successful.

to answer your doubts Pat, FSAE India is being organized by SAE India, the Indian equivalent of SAE and they are in very early stages right now, like forming a committee.

They have invited applications from Indian FSAE team members for the committee. If I get the chance I will convey offer of help to them.