PDA

View Full Version : FSAE Virtual Engine Competition

Exhausted
05-24-2006, 07:23 AM
There's a brand new forum on Virtual 4 Stroke at www.fourstrokedesign.com (http://www.fourstrokedesign.com). They are holding a competition (Ultimate FSAE) to find the best virtual engine combination within the FSAE rules. It would be a good place to begin designing next year's engine package.

Exhausted
05-24-2006, 07:23 AM
There's a brand new forum on Virtual 4 Stroke at www.fourstrokedesign.com (http://www.fourstrokedesign.com). They are holding a competition (Ultimate FSAE) to find the best virtual engine combination within the FSAE rules. It would be a good place to begin designing next year's engine package.

Homemade WRX
05-24-2006, 05:10 PM
I wonder if it is judged purely off of the power made as to what is the best motor?

Exhausted
05-25-2006, 07:51 AM
Judging is based on average power over a wide rpm range (I think it's a range of 7000 rpm) because that is the nature of the FSAE competition - broad, useable power. It's really more of a fun contest to explore the conceptual possibilities within the design space of the FSAE rules.

Homemade WRX
05-26-2006, 10:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exhausted:
Judging is based on average power over a wide rpm range (I think it's a range of 7000 rpm) because that is the nature of the FSAE competition - broad, useable power. It's really more of a fun contest to explore the conceptual possibilities within the design space of the FSAE rules. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah, so packaged weight has nothing to do with it... i.e. thumpers, etc...

Exhausted
06-12-2006, 11:12 AM
If you are using Virtual Engines for your engine design, you can download the current best engine from the site. It has an average of 98 HP from 8500 to 15500 RPM with a power peak of nearly 105 HP at 11000 RPM. Pretty stout for a restricted 600cc 4 cylinder!