PDA

View Full Version : pedal assembly

STI04
03-14-2006, 03:00 PM
HI we are looking for pedal assemblies with dual master cyl. any suggestions on what companies are good for our design?

Thank you for your time

STI04
03-14-2006, 03:00 PM
HI we are looking for pedal assemblies with dual master cyl. any suggestions on what companies are good for our design?

Thank you for your time

Jersey Tom
03-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Make your own?

Stuff like the Tilton pedal assemblies are way overbuilt for a series as light as FSAE.

Patrick W. Crane
03-14-2006, 05:46 PM
if you don't have time wilwood has some half decent ones.

terra_dactile
03-14-2006, 09:39 PM
HI STI 04,
If you are in a rush ( FSAE Norm ) then check out AP RACING or Chassis Shop for any of your needs, however, they will cost you an arm and a leg and will be as mentioned previously over kill for FSAE. But hey, if you got the cash and no time, then the choice is already made for you!

Jude Berthault
ETS FSAE
Steering and Brake System Leader

SeanM
03-15-2006, 09:20 AM
When looking at buying a pedal assembly be carefull about how much room you've left at the front of the car ahead of the drivers feet because some of these pre-fab pedal assemblies are over built and quite large, as said before

Brian Evans
03-15-2006, 11:46 AM
The Tilton "formula car" pedal assemblies have a pretty high pedal ratio, 5 - 6 : 1 or so (they quote a range since with such a long pedal face your foot position can vary a lot. Buying the balance bar assembly and fabricating the rest might be a good compromise. I've got a Tilton setup on one of my cars, and it's really not a high end piece.

Brian

LSU Dave
03-15-2006, 01:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Evans:
The Tilton "formula car" pedal assemblies have a pretty high pedal ratio, 5 - 6 : 1 or so (they quote a range since with such a long pedal face your foot position can vary a lot. Buying the balance bar assembly and fabricating the rest might be a good compromise. I've got a Tilton setup on one of my cars, and it's really not a high end piece.

Brian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second the notion of buying the balance bar and fabricating the rest. Pedals, the "hinge" and the mounts are easily fabricated if you throw some ideas around on paper.