PDA

View Full Version : drawing for honda 450cc and honda 250 cc engi

major_ashwa
07-07-2006, 09:25 PM
hi can anyone help us by cad drawing of honda 450cc and honda 250 cc engine .your help will be of great help to us as we dont find these kind of engines in our country.

major_ashwa
07-07-2006, 09:25 PM
hi can anyone help us by cad drawing of honda 450cc and honda 250 cc engine .your help will be of great help to us as we dont find these kind of engines in our country.

Matt Gignac
07-07-2006, 09:37 PM
You can make a decent CAD model yourself off a simple jpeg.

For instance, try to find a decent side and maybe top view image of your engine, and do some research on some kind of easily measurable dimension, like maybe a mount bolt diameter (should be in service manual) or sprocket size, etc.

I don't know about other CAD packages, but in pro/e you can import images in Adobe Illustrator format. All you need to do is import the image into illustrator, somehow get yourself an outline of the engine, save it as a .ai, go insert>shared date>from file in wildfire, and you can then import a 2d sketch to get a good idea of the engine overall.

Make all your sketches, and then scale it so that the known feature dimension is the correct size.

It's not the ideal solution, but we've done it in a pinch before.

Matt Gignac
McGill Racing Team

major_ashwa
07-07-2006, 09:41 PM
thanx matt for the idea .

Homemade WRX
07-15-2006, 09:53 PM
well, if my 250's ever come through (working on 3) I would get them scanned in and share the file...you might not want to wait on that as they will be coming from Australia...