PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Assistance

shubhanga
02-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi everybody,

I am Shubhanga from Mechanical Engineering Department, PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore.

We have recently started a team in our college with a view of taking part in the FSAE Australasia 2008. Our college is on the course of becoming a member to SAE India.

However, according to pg 14 of the 2008 Formula SAE Rules, "All students, both domestic and international, must affiliate themselves online or submit the International Student registration form by February 28, 2008."

But, since we have not got our membership cards yet, we are not able to register.

I would now like to know if this a deadline to be followed for the Australasia 2008 ? Since we're a new team, we request assistance in this regard.

Thank you all,
Shubhanga.

shubhanga
02-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi everybody,

I am Shubhanga from Mechanical Engineering Department, PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore.

We have recently started a team in our college with a view of taking part in the FSAE Australasia 2008. Our college is on the course of becoming a member to SAE India.

However, according to pg 14 of the 2008 Formula SAE Rules, "All students, both domestic and international, must affiliate themselves online or submit the International Student registration form by February 28, 2008."

But, since we have not got our membership cards yet, we are not able to register.

I would now like to know if this a deadline to be followed for the Australasia 2008 ? Since we're a new team, we request assistance in this regard.

Thank you all,
Shubhanga.

Mike Sadie
02-18-2008, 12:48 AM
I am not too familiar with FSAE-Australia, but this rule was likely meant to apply to US competitions. Your best bet would be to send an email to the address given on page 14.

On a different note, I would like to applaud you on your post's grammar and spelling. You will get much more from this forum than someone who doesn't bother typing out whole words.

PatClarke
02-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Shubhanga,
The Australian FSAE event will be held near Melbourne in late November or early December 2008.
Visit the FSAE-A site at http://www.sae-a.com.au/fsae/index.htm
The supplementary regulations for this event are not published yet but I would email the organisers, tell them you intend entering and ask to be put on the mailing list.
Regards
Pat

Michael Royce
02-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Shubhanga,
Welcome to the FSAE family.

Mike Sadie is correct. Section 2.1.7 of the 2008 Rules only applies to the US competitions, not to the Formula SAE-Australasia event.

I second what Pat Clarke says.

Hopefully we will see you in Australia next November or December.

shubhanga
02-19-2008, 06:25 AM
Thank you Mike Sadie, Pat Clarke and Micheal Royce for taking time out to reply to my post. I was wondering if we are running out of time.

@ Mike Sadie,
We did send an email to the id given on the same page but we are yet to recieve any reply. Also, special thanks to you for commending my grammer. I appreciate it.

@ PatClarke,
It would be very helpful if you could mail the organisers the same and keep me informed regarding the event.

@Micheal Royce,
I hope to meet you all too. Thank you for the information.

@ all, Please do keep in touch.
My email id is: shubhanga.haya@gmail.com
("haya" is our team name)

Warm regards to all.
Shubhanga.

PatClarke
02-19-2008, 08:38 PM
@ PatClarke,
It would be very helpful if you could mail the organisers the same and keep me informed regarding the event.

No Subhanga, I am not going to do that.
You cannot simply ask to have the simplest of tasks done for you.
I gave you the URL, so YOU contact the organisers and do whatever needs to be done.
Regards
Pat