PDA

View Full Version : Engine Geometry

AdamL
10-20-2008, 03:07 AM
Hi chaps...

Does anybody know the following figure for the 04 600rr?

Connecting Rod Length (mm)

and

Wrist Pin Offset (mm)

Any help would be great thanks!

AdamL
10-20-2008, 03:07 AM
Hi chaps...

and

Wrist Pin Offset (mm)

Any help would be great thanks!

JamesWolak
10-20-2008, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdamL:
Hi chaps...

and

Wrist Pin Offset (mm)

Any help would be great thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like someone is making a GT-Power model.

JamesWolak
12-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Just so that it posted somewhere on the web. There is no offset on the connecting rod for the F4i RR.

dazz
12-06-2009, 09:38 PM
I'd suggest that you down load a catalogue from one of the after market rod manufacturers such as Carrillo and look it up? Might learn a thing or two about rod design (or design marketing) along the way as a bonus.

Same goes for pistons, JE, Wiseco, plenty of others too.

JamesWolak
12-09-2009, 08:11 PM
I think you misunderstood. What i was trying to say is the offset is 0.

dazz
12-14-2009, 01:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamesWolak:
I think you misunderstood. What i was trying to say is the offset is 0. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also to clarify, my previous post was for AdamL (and anyone else looking for rod/piston dimensions for various models) I think that engines with a wrist pin (or I call it gudgeon pin) offset are not that common.

My comments on rod design were aimed at Carrillo and all their different designs and options, some of which seem to have a bit of a 'gimmick' vibe to them. Wasn't a dig at you James.