PDA

View Full Version : CRD laser cut chassis deal

dawhitaker
09-14-2011, 01:35 PM
CRD, located in southern California, is offering up a deal on having your chassis laser cut. $415 excluding shipping and bending tubes and you supply the material.

If you would like to save money on shipping I can get you in contact with the local supplier our team uses so you only ship one way. This will be the third year he's done this and usually has at least 10 teams take him up on the offer.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

David Whitaker
Cal Poly Pomona FSAE

dawhitaker
09-14-2011, 01:35 PM
CRD, located in southern California, is offering up a deal on having your chassis laser cut. $415 excluding shipping and bending tubes and you supply the material.

If you would like to save money on shipping I can get you in contact with the local supplier our team uses so you only ship one way. This will be the third year he's done this and usually has at least 10 teams take him up on the offer.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

David Whitaker
Cal Poly Pomona FSAE

RobbyObby
09-14-2011, 02:49 PM
We have used them the past 2 years for all our chassis tubing and they always turn out great.
That being said, we have a few team members from SoCal who drive our tubing down so we don't pay for shipping (just gas, lol). Thanks for the offer though!

dawhitaker
09-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Just bumping this back up, but also if I could have all of the previous teams that have used CRD contact me, that would be much appreciated.

Email me at David@CRD-USA.com. Any questions can also be sent there.

David Whitaker
Cal Poly Pomona FSAE

sbrenaman
09-19-2011, 10:48 PM
We used CRD last year; very happy customer here.

coastertrav
09-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Can you post or PM me with the material supplier's info?

Thanks

dawhitaker
09-26-2011, 11:32 AM
For those that are interested in this, CRD is offering a 5% discount per referal that uses the services, up to 50% off. The discount applies to the next purchase to keep things easy. Not sure how many teams share their space with the Baja team, but thats an easy 5% off.

David Whitaker
Cal Poly Pomona FSAE

dawhitaker
10-07-2011, 07:44 AM
I know most teams are approaching finalized designs and we've had lots of questions about lead time. Right now there is only a 2-3 day lead time once we recieve material. From what I hear, Cartesian tube is pretty backed up for those teams looking to cut down on lead time.

David Whitaker
Ca Poly Pomona FSAE

dbsharp
10-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Just wondering how much shipping has been for teams who have done this. I would like to find someone closer to NC who does this but so far I have not been too successful. I am also interested in info on the materials supplier.

I am on a first year team and I think that the extra testing time we should get from quicker fab alone will justify not doing all the notching manually.

Thanks!

dawhitaker
10-10-2011, 05:18 PM
You can expect anywhere from $80-$500 depending on if it 4 day ground or next day. Thats for a 75lb package. i would hope your chassis and any extra tubing dont weight more than that.

Our (Cal Poly Pomona) supplier is out of stock on many common sized tubes for FSAE. Your best bet is either Aircraft Spruce or Competative Metals. Expect to spend close to $400 on material if youre using 4130.

It depends on the team, experience, shop tools ect but we saved ourself a couple weeks by having it laser cut.

David Whitaker
Cal Poly Pomona FSAE