PDA

View Full Version : Megasquirt Fuel Maps

Alan_RHIT
04-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Its crunch time. Before our team could establish a fully functional map our megasquirt was fried due to a welding accident. Our Dyno time is up so when the new ecu gets here we will be ready for in car testing. If any of the teams using megasquirt could help us out by sending us either a previous fuel map or the current one it would be greatly appreciated as we'd like to get a little testing done before Michigan. If you have a map you are willing to donate let me know and I can PM you my email address.

Thank You

Alan_RHIT
04-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Its crunch time. Before our team could establish a fully functional map our megasquirt was fried due to a welding accident. Our Dyno time is up so when the new ecu gets here we will be ready for in car testing. If any of the teams using megasquirt could help us out by sending us either a previous fuel map or the current one it would be greatly appreciated as we'd like to get a little testing done before Michigan. If you have a map you are willing to donate let me know and I can PM you my email address.

Thank You

Mikey Antonakakis
04-07-2011, 11:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan_RHIT:

Thank You </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Any map another team sends you will no more useful than one you could come up with on your own in about 15 minutes. That said, PM, I might be able to find our maps from last year (no guarantee though, we got a new dyno/tuning computer recently, I have to go find the old hard drive).

bob.paasch
04-07-2011, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan_RHIT:
Its crunch time. Before our team could establish a fully functional map our megasquirt was fried due to a welding accident. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rule #1: Don't even think about welding on the car without completely removing the ECU...

jd74914
04-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Rule #2: Always save your maps!

I agree with Mikey, a good map for someone else's engine will probably not perform very well on your own. Since you have already done most of it once you should be able to piece together a rough base map pretty quickly.

Best of luck with your tuning!

ps: A few years ago we killed a microquirt in the same way. http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

RANeff
04-07-2011, 03:11 PM
PM me, I might be able to send a map over. no guarantee if it will work though!