PDA

View Full Version : Helmet

typeh
04-30-2012, 10:02 AM
we have Arai helmet SK5 from our previous team 2010 but with no certificates.
After check company website found that it's certified with required standards.

what is required from team to present at inspection?

typeh
04-30-2012, 10:02 AM
we have Arai helmet SK5 from our previous team 2010 but with no certificates.
After check company website found that it's certified with required standards.

what is required from team to present at inspection?

AxelRipper
04-30-2012, 10:47 AM
At least for the SNELL helmets, there is a sticker on the inside of the helmet you can see when you peel back the liner in a certain spot. Not sure about FIA helmets though.

Bemo
05-01-2012, 05:20 AM
You definitely have to prove that your helmets fulfill at least one of the required standards. Maybe the scrutineers are willing to accept some document which shows that your helmets are certified with one of these standards. But in that case you should send them an email before comp with a detailed description of your helmet and the type of documentation you have for it.

But as Axel already explained normally certified helmets have a sticker somewhere. Also the FIA certified helmets usually have a sticker inside.

Another advice is to ask the manufacturer of the helmet directly according to which standards the helmet is made and where the prove of these standards is.

You definitely shouldn't just come to scrutineering with some screenshot from a website. In that case it is impossible for the scrutineers to check wether the screenshot is fake or not and if it really belongs to your helmet. That means, they won't accept it.

RollingCamel
05-01-2012, 05:17 PM
You'll not find help from me regarding the helmet. Never saw it...

typeh
05-03-2012, 07:03 AM
thanks guys. I checked helmet and fount label on back SNELL K but with no numbers next to it as shown in competition rules

Drew Price
05-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Snell K is meant for go-karting, and does not have the fire retardant lining that Snell SA rated helmets must have, <STRIKE> and will probably not be legal for your competition if the rules require you to have an SA rated helmet.</STRIKE>

EDIT: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AxelRipper:
According to the rules, K2000, K2005, and K2010 are all allowed. B17.2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See this link:

http://www.racinghelmetguide.c...-helmet-ratings.html (http://www.racinghelmetguide.com/auto-helmet-ratings.html)

AxelRipper
05-03-2012, 10:20 AM
According to the rules, K2000, K2005, and K2010 are all allowed. B17.2

Drew Price
05-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Woops, thanks, been a while since I read all the operating rules, thanks.

I totally forgot kart helmets were being allowed now.

typeh
05-03-2012, 01:01 PM
in my helmet only written SNELL K and not specified which exact standard in K but after checking SNELL foundation website found it's SNELL K2005 which is matching with rules.
what do you advice me to do or will be enough to judges that K?

i'm participating in Formula Student Germany.

ed_pratt
05-03-2012, 02:17 PM
typeh,

surely, if there is any clarrification needed then it would be a good idea to give the judges the heads up?
letting them know now will avoid any possible confusion or problems come competition time!

Ed