PDA

View Full Version : haltech on a gsxr

cmurph
06-21-2007, 10:44 AM
has any ever done it or attempted it? i would like to use one this year on our car and if some one else has some experience with them on gsxrs that would be great. so i have alot of questions. any help would be great.

i guess even if you dont have a haltech you would still be able to answer some of these questions.

so in the trigger set up-
trigger type: standard full cycle right?
trigger input type: hall effect?
home input type: hall effect?
trigger edge: falling or rising?
home edge: falling or rising?
trigger pull up: on or off?

and then what are the numbers you use in the ignition set up to start out with.

lock degrees btdc?
trigger angle btdc?
tooth offset?
charge time?
and break time?
and i plan to run direct fire
spark edge: rising or falling?
constant duty or constant charge?

if you could confirm my guesses or know some weird quarks about the haltech and the gsxr it would help.

thanks alot-
carlos

cmurph
06-21-2007, 10:44 AM
has any ever done it or attempted it? i would like to use one this year on our car and if some one else has some experience with them on gsxrs that would be great. so i have alot of questions. any help would be great.

i guess even if you dont have a haltech you would still be able to answer some of these questions.

so in the trigger set up-
trigger type: standard full cycle right?
trigger input type: hall effect?
home input type: hall effect?
trigger edge: falling or rising?
home edge: falling or rising?
trigger pull up: on or off?

and then what are the numbers you use in the ignition set up to start out with.

lock degrees btdc?
trigger angle btdc?
tooth offset?
charge time?
and break time?
and i plan to run direct fire
spark edge: rising or falling?
constant duty or constant charge?

if you could confirm my guesses or know some weird quarks about the haltech and the gsxr it would help.

thanks alot-
carlos

laineo
07-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi Carlos,

I beleive in the first attempt at F-SAE Australia, the Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) used Haltech with a GSX-R engine. And to put it lightly, from memory, it was a bit of a dog. We converted to MoTec the next year.

If you are after more info try contacting the user named oz_olly on this forum as he is the current head of the ADFA team and he can possibly ask the supervisor who tuned the Haltech for more info, providing he can remember!