PDA

View Full Version : rotor hat

BEDOO
08-12-2013, 10:39 PM
hey guys I am Abdulrahman from Egypt I would like to ask u about a book that discuss the rotor hat in the brake system

Claude Rouelle
08-13-2013, 05:21 AM
Abdulrahman,

The risk of such an open question which could have many different answers is that it could discourage people to answer it.

What are the main questions you have about rotor hat (also often called "brake disc mounting bowl" or "belt")? The answer to this question could help your readers to refer you to specific documents or share information with you.

I know a few books about brakes (browse the SAE bookstore as a beginning) but I do not remember one specifically speaking about brake hats, which is quite specific to racing brake disc. You could find good information such as Do and Don't on the tips and trick part of the racing brake manufacturer website. Google is your best friend.

The 2 main issues I know from brake mounting bowls are a) design to make it stiff and light and if possibly contribute to the brake assembly cooling b) the choice of the right amount of play ("floating" brake discs axial play on the hub flange) that you need to cope with the inevitable axial, radial and "worpe" deformation of brake disc, brake caliper, hub and upright under thermal and mechanical constraints.

I hope this helps as a beginning.

Please try to stay away from SMS texting style; You not u.