PDA

View Full Version : fuel injector

Samy
12-16-2010, 08:33 AM
hey guys can anyone let me know dat stock fuel injectors used in honda cbr600f4i are pencil spray type or they have spread angle?
if yes then how much is spread angle?

Samy

Mehul Botadra
12-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Have you heard about Google? I heard they have sexy options on the homepage! You should really try it!

Mumpitz
12-16-2010, 09:17 PM
It is actually very simple to find the spray pattern yourself. Just make sure to take the necessary precautions. i.e. spraying atomized gasoline into the air is extremely dangerous, don't do that! Find a low volatility substitute, contain the spray, ground everything, and keep someone close by with an appropriately rated fire extinguisher.
Better yet talk to professors and find a lab where you can run a simple test rig where fire safety has already been considered.

Even if you can find the answer searching the forum or elsewhere understand that this is 99% of the point of FSAE; the cycle of not knowing something, learning about it, testing it, then figuring out how to take the greatest advantage of it. Don't quit at step one and ask for answers, you will generally get responses that are less than forthcoming.

Repmud
12-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Mehul Botadra:
Have you heard about Google? I heard they have sexy options on the homepage! You should really try it!

Yes, there are alot of new posts like this lately. However, I think I am getting more sick of the responses to said posts, such as "Google It" / "Use search". The man asked a fairly specific question, so I'd like to see you attempt to use the googles and post back a link for him about said question. How about a link for the deadtimes of the injectors? Dimensions or characteristic curves? Some things are difficult to find. If we rely on just using search to find our answers, we are limiting ourselves. And besides, alot of the search results are fairly old and based on what I have seen from our previous cars.. well.. a bunch of retards built those cars. Lets try to spread and increase our knowledge as our cars and other things advance, and rules change. What if we were stuck using computers/applications from 6 or 8 years ago? I don't like living in the past. I suggest we share our current knowledge a bit better, and just ignore the stupid posts where people ask us to design their cars for them. Unless they are the good ones where everyone sets the person straight with completely accurate answers (3 is indeed the number of suspension points). Those make me laugh. I like those...

Anyways, to not completely derail this. F4i injectors run at about 49-50 psi stock without the manifold vacuum line hooked up to the regulator. They have 4 holes in them, are about 11.8 ohms high impedance, and the fuel atomizes very well coming out of them, definately not "pencil" like. Spray angle? Didn't measure it when I did the deadtimes for our injectors. Pattern was somewhat of an oval though. I don't want to guess on the angle, not hard to measure it though. Do it properly though, sketchy testing is a quick way to make enemies and get your program shut down. If you don't have the injectors for testing and were just checking your available options, I am sure there is somebody who may be willing to help you if you can approach them in a reasonable manner (which is unlikely for you Samy).

Repmud

Samy
12-17-2010, 12:38 AM
hey repmud thanks for the assistance. actually m simulating engine on ricardo wave. i have doubt regarding injector input. i have never disassembled fuel injector from rail and i need data regarding stock nozzle dia fr f4i injector and as per calculation it is coming around .3 mm if there are 4 holes/injector. spray angle is around 15 deg according to google. please share if anybody has practical experience of the same.
samy

Edward M. Kasprzak
12-17-2010, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Repmud:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mehul Botadra:

Yes, there are alot of new posts like this lately. However, I think I am getting more sick of the responses to said posts, such as "Google It" / "Use search". The man asked a fairly specific question, so I'd like to see you attempt to use the googles and post back a link for him about said question. How about a link for the deadtimes of the injectors? Dimensions or characteristic curves? Some things are difficult to find. If we rely on just using search to find our answers, we are limiting ourselves. And besides, alot of the search results are fairly old and based on what I have seen from our previous cars.. well.. a bunch of retards built those cars. Lets try to spread and increase our knowledge as our cars and other things advance, and rules change. What if we were stuck using computers/applications from 6 or 8 years ago? I don't like living in the past. I suggest we share our current knowledge a bit better, and just ignore the stupid posts where people ask us to design their cars for them. Unless they are the good ones where everyone sets the person straight with completely accurate answers (3 is indeed the number of suspension points). Those make me laugh. I like those...

Repmud </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said.

B Lewis @ PE Engine Management
12-17-2010, 10:47 AM
We run N-Heptane as a readily available and relatively stable fluid for testing/flowing injectors. It seems to give good results.

Samy
12-17-2010, 10:12 PM
do anyone have idea of nozzle diameter of stock injectors used on f4i??

Rex Chan
02-21-2011, 05:45 AM
We run stock lower CBR600RR injectors in our CBR600RR 03-06 (orange ones).

We had them cleaned & flow tested and I noticed during this that the spray was like 2 jets. Later on, I realsied that since the CBR600 has 2 inlet ports, and I assume the port fuel injectors are aimed at the back of the valves, the 2 stream flow from the injectors was so that most of the fuel ends up there.

I don't know about CBR600F4i, but I would think they work the same way, so maybe you could measure the inlet ports and stock injector placement angles?

Also, our injectors have 12 holes, arranged in a cross.