PDA

View Full Version : rotor size

sid_339
07-10-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm new to this forum, so I'm really sorry if this is a repost..

Basically I could do with some advice as to what maximum rotor size can fit inside a 13" wheel.

Thanx

sid_339
07-10-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm new to this forum, so I'm really sorry if this is a repost..

Basically I could do with some advice as to what maximum rotor size can fit inside a 13" wheel.

Thanx

Demon Of Speed
07-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Make them as large a diameter as you can fit on the front and little smaller on the rear.

This is going to be determined by the inside diameter of the rims, upright/caliper mounting location, and caliper used.

Normal is around 7-9in.

RollingCamel
07-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Our person responsible for the wheel packaging made a crappy job of his work. The rotor turned to be oversized so the caliper wouldn't fit. We went from 270mm to 220mm diameter however the caliper now interferes with the hub. Move the caliper and rotor we need to make an adapter for the caliper mount. The rotor is quite far from the hub face so we must figure out a way to fix it.

vandit
07-12-2010, 03:11 AM
depends upon what calipers you are using.

Just take care of bleed screw position and also its accessibility.

thewoundedsoldier
07-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Instead of being interested in the largest size rotors you can run, try to figure out what is the smallest size rotors you can run. These things are generally bulky steel.

Assume a pedal force applied by the driver. Multiply by the mechanical ratio of m.c./caliper. Calculate torque.