PDA

View Full Version : engine does not start (may be HISS)

CAU NstopO
07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
im having problem with our FSAE engine. We are using Honda CBR600 F4i equipped with Power Commander piggy back system. We did rewiring according to the stock wiring diagram with a bit modification for switches. The problem that, the fuel pump doesn't work and no spark produced the ignition coil. We check to the fuel cut relay, it supposed to give 12v supply to the fuel pump, but it doesn't even the relay is working. the MIL (malfunction indicator light) doesn't blink at all, it just lights on still. and we bypassed 9.0v to pink wire. Does anyone ever experienced this matter??

CAU NstopO
07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
im having problem with our FSAE engine. We are using Honda CBR600 F4i equipped with Power Commander piggy back system. We did rewiring according to the stock wiring diagram with a bit modification for switches. The problem that, the fuel pump doesn't work and no spark produced the ignition coil. We check to the fuel cut relay, it supposed to give 12v supply to the fuel pump, but it doesn't even the relay is working. the MIL (malfunction indicator light) doesn't blink at all, it just lights on still. and we bypassed 9.0v to pink wire. Does anyone ever experienced this matter??

Briggs09hp
07-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Have you bypassed the Bank Angle Sensor. There is a sensor in the wiring system that shuts the fuel pump off in case the motorcycle tips over. You need to bypass this sensor with a jumper wire.

Also, you may need to bypass the kickstand switch too, but the engine should still start if you are in neutral, and the neutral switch is hooked up.

The FI light should be steady on untill the engine starts.

Hope this helps. I had to stare at the wiring diagram for a few hours before I got our engine to start with the stock Honda ECU.

MalcolmBlade
08-14-2009, 01:45 AM
@ Briggs09HP
Hi briggs
I am havein ght esame problem, injectors and pump dont kick in when trying to start, there are 3wires on the connector, which ones do u jumper? i noticed i get power in the middle(w/bl) when ignition is on.other two wires are R/o & G

MalcolmBlade
08-14-2009, 01:46 AM
another q for u as well

do i need to get 9v to the pink wire?

MalcolmBlade
08-14-2009, 07:32 AM
also i found this:
http://www.cbrxx.com/body-pain...rd-wiring-issue.html (http://www.cbrxx.com/body-paint-electrical-lights/5336-honda-blackbird-wiring-issue.html)

Re: Honda Blackbird wiring issue
Thank you for the info. There are other racers over here that have by-passed the anti-theft wire that goes to the ECU. They do this by connecting a diode to the pink wire that goes to the ECU. This creates a 3 volt differential and then allows the system to work. Our problem is that the US manuals wiring schematics do not match with this motor.