PDA

View Full Version : GSX-R 600 '06-'07 Starting problem.

Ahmed_9milli
01-06-2013, 12:16 PM
greetings all.
We are runing a suzuki GSX-R 600 with Stock ECU(Denso) and stock wiring harness.
Few days ago we tried to start our engine but it wasn't respond.
Battery checked and was charged well.
injectors worked perfectly and Fuel pump was good.
spark plugs were giving us orange sparks when grounded.
Anti-theft system was already bypassed with a resistance and checked several times.
the engine was making sound like coughing while cranking and giving a white light smoke from the exhaust.
I checked the old threads on the forum by the way http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I think the problem would be either in the ignition system or the Anti-theft bypass but nothing helped so far.
Any suggestions to fix this??

Kirk Feldkamp
01-06-2013, 03:52 PM
What do you hear the fuel pump doing? Does it prime? Have you checked the fuel pressure?

Gruntguru
01-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Sounds like you have fuel and spark but the spark is not happening at the right time. Are the spark plug wires going to the correct cylinders?

Orange spark is not ideal. Blue spark is better.

Ahmed_9milli
01-08-2013, 03:24 AM
What do you hear the fuel pump doing? Does it prime? Have you checked the fuel pressure?
Yes, Fuel pump primes and gives 2.5 bar but it doesn't stop after pressure rise,however it works pretty well.

Are the spark plug wires going to the correct cylinders?
yes the sequence is right. but if i have a timing problem , how could i diagnose it??

Gruntguru
01-08-2013, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Ahmed_9milli:
yes the sequence is right. but if i have a timing problem , how could i diagnose it?? If it kicks back on the starter the spark is early (advanced). If you hear a feeble pop without any acceleration of the starter, the timing is very late (retarded) and you should try moving each of the ignition wires to the previous cylinder in the firing sequence. This basically advances the spark by 180 degrees. Either the motor will start - indicating the timing was 180 deg retarded, or it will kick back on the starter indicating the correct timing is somewhere between the two and you will have to look for a cause - crank sensor moved on the crank, crank sensor wires reversed etc.

Ahmed_9milli
01-08-2013, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Gruntguru:
If you hear a feeble pop without any acceleration of the starter, the timing is very late (retarded)

Yea that's what i hear while cranking and i feel as it comes from one or two cylinders only.
Thanks for help , i'll try this.

Ahmed_9milli
01-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Tahnks all for your advices,
the problem was excessively reach air/fuel ratio due to wrong fuel metering caused by intake leakage.
gasoling was covering the sparks preventing it from ignite the mixture.
thanks again.